Wow what an great experience. It was nice to talk to our customers for a change.

Thanks for the new battery, and special thanks for returning my race number/ packet after forgetting it at your stall as well it was good to finally meet you :thumbup: . Will be testing the new battery tomorrow night at Meerendal night ride.

Quick question, should I run the battery down tonight and then do a full recharge, not sure how much juice is in there. I don't feel like another 8km walk back in the dark, hence me buying a new battery.

Hi extremelights

A quick highjack. I have ordered some lights for a fellow cyclist as per thread by FootballingCyclist thread elsewhere. We have been experiencing some technical glitches to get this delivered to the recipient (none of your fault). The package and detail is with Petro. Please assist me and FootballingCyclist in getting these lights to the young man. I am not making much progress due to being 1500km away and not knowing any of the people involved. Thx

don't run it down. Charge it before it goes completely flat

Thanks for that :thumbup:

Does it damage the battery, cause if it does, what happens to the battery when the lights go out while riding?

I don't know what battery you have. When I spoke to hannes (extremelights) last year, he said not to let the battery sit in the cupboard flat for a long time. Keep it charged. You would have to ask him. Don't know if the new battery is the same. I keep my battery charged

Edited by flat29

I don't know what battery you have. When I spoke to hannes (extremelights) last year, he said not to let the battery sit in the cupboard flat for a long time. Keep it charged. You would have to ask him. Don't know if the new battery is the same. I keep my battery charged

I did all of the above with a Magicshine light and it still died after a year.

I bought this on Saturday, http://www.extremelights.co.za/shop/super-high-capacity-6-cell-10200mah/

Hi extremelights

A quick highjack. I have ordered some lights for a fellow cyclist as per thread by FootballingCyclist thread elsewhere. We have been experiencing some technical glitches to get this delivered to the recipient (none of your fault). The package and detail is with Petro. Please assist me and FootballingCyclist in getting these lights to the young man. I am not making much progress due to being 1500km away and not knowing any of the people involved. Thx

I will follow up for you; H

Edited by extremelights

I did all of the above with a Magicshine light and it still died after a year.

I bought this on Saturday, http://www.extremeli...-cell-10200mah/

Quality of battery can be to blame but lets assume you had a good healthy Li-ion battery ,MS or ML has not been known for there top tear battery quality, running it flat and leaving it depleted for an extended period of time(weeks) will accelerated there ageing.

The ideal state for a Li-ion battery is at 50% charge. There not stressed and should have a life time of 10 years when stored. Below 50% is a lot worse than above 50% so for normal use having them above 50% is acceptable. You should get about 3 years life time out of them.

I advise people to rather charge there batteries than aiming to get it at 50%. Having a ready to use light for 3 years is a lot more convenient than having one that is never ready of use.

I hope that clears up the question.

Quality of battery can be to blame but lets assume you had a good healthy Li-ion battery ,MS or ML has not been known for there top tear battery quality, running it flat and leaving it depleted for an extended period of time(weeks) will accelerated there ageing.

The ideal state for a Li-ion battery is at 50% charge. There not stressed and should have a life time of 10 years when stored. Below 50% is a lot worse than above 50% so for normal use having them above 50% is acceptable. You should get about 3 years life time out of them.

I advise people to rather charge there batteries than aiming to get it at 50%. Having a ready to use light for 3 years is a lot more convenient than having one that is never ready of use.

I hope that clears up the question.

How will I ever know if it is charged at 50% - There is no indicator for battery life?