Stumpjumper FSR vs PYGA oneten

Dawels

Hi guys,

Basically I have about 40k to spend on a new 29er. Ill be riding trails and hopefully get my skill set up for some decent enduro tracks and jumps.

What bike will be better suited? I know the Stumpjumper has more travel than the PYGA and is a trail bike. The PYGA on the other hand is an 'aggressive' XC bike.

I have tested the S WORKS stumpy and it felt amazing and have only heard good things about the PYGA.

How does the PYGA make up for the lack of travel etc?

Regards

David

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im 2m tall thus 29er!?

Id take the evo however some people say its too much travel for me(being the stumpjumper) and is it really 40k?

I could never pay that much for a Alu frame. Never ever ever. So stumpy all day long.

I could never ever pay that much for a carbon frame...sorry I got that wrong, I could never ever pay for a carbon frame...at all. Horses for courses I guess eh?

@ OP, I have a OneTen so can tell you that you're very unlikely to be unhappy with one. That said, hard to go wrong with a Stumpy too. Really try make the effort to test ride both, then buy the Pyga :)

I could never ever pay that much for a carbon frame...sorry I got that wrong, I could never ever pay for a carbon frame...at all. Horses for courses I guess eh?

@ OP, I have a OneTen so can tell you that you're very unlikely to be unhappy with one. That said, hard to go wrong with a Stumpy too. Really try make the effort to test ride both, then buy the Pyga :)

Thats your opinion, and I shall respect that. I prefer the weight saving and stifness of carbon, again, preference is key. Test ride/drive/crash both, take your pick.

Which of the two is cheaper or rather more reliable to maintain?

I have had the privilege of riding the pyga and walked away very impressed.

Between the two of it was my money, the pyga would beat the std stumpy....However if you can get the evo fit that money then it gets more interesting.