FedGroup Itec signs Knox

Waynehans

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant help to feel this was planned a bit. Getting Max in shape for the Epic is very different from his apparent focus on XCO in 2014. And getting Johan Rabie (a roadie) ready as a backup cyclist with Neil must have been planned in advance.

Anyway, if Max & Kevin is not on the podium they will surely be in Red at the end?

Edited by Grondpad

Cant help to feel this was planned a bit. Getting Max in shape for the Epic is very different from his apparent focus on XCO in 2014. And getting Johan Rabie (a roadie) ready as a backup cyclist with Neil must have been planned in advance.

Anyway, if Max & Kevin is not on the podium they will surely be in Red at the end?

Why is this a given?

Why is this a given?

Please dont misunderstand me. Its not a given. Its just what I am hoping for. I really like both of them and in a team I think they will gooi mielies

So fedgroup just replied to me on Twitter...

@RudiPollard @MaxKnoxcycling switched his focus from cross-country. He was looking for an opportunity to return to endurance events.

Isnt this exactly what he did in December when he signed with Ghost for XCO? Something seems fishy to me

You and many others are saying the same thing and its not good things. Waiting for a bomb to drop here.

max is confused...

wil hy nou XC doen of marathons

he goes through sponsors like toilet paper

I think Max was a bit of the pace over this weekend's xco at Cascades...

surely one bad run cant change your mind from one discipline to another?

Not really much to plan, even though Max may have been focussed on XCO he wasn't showing real form for Commonwealth Games, even though he was riding very well.

He's an absolute power house in marathon and stage races though, besides Kevin Evans he was the only rider staying with Bulls at Sabie. Unfortunately, like Kevin he had punctures.

Pairing those two together is arguably the highest level of local talent for marathon/stage racing.

May be a bit of a gamble for Epic now, but for the long term it's a formidable combination and I reckon we'll see some exciting racing come Epic.

+1

G

Personally I don't care about the politics - Kev and Max are two of my favourite SA riders. Bloody good pairing.

Gooooooooo Kev to the Max!

I think it was more a case of "oh shirt! Brandon's doctors note wasn't enough to get him off a positive test! Who's going to ride with him now?" He would have ridden with the b team guys, but probably would have been looking for an international prospect too. Like many of you I wonder how Ghost will take the news.

So why did Neil tweet on Friday that he is sad to miss the Epic? Some nice backroom politics in motion....

I think it was more a case of "oh shirt! Brandon's doctors note wasn't enough to get him off a positive test! Who's going to ride with him now?" He would have ridden with the b team guys, but probably would have been looking for an international prospect too. Like many of you I wonder how Ghost will take the news.

Or did ghost in fact call it quits with max