Review: Topeak JoeBlow Mountain floor pump

Iwan Kemp

The idea behind designing and manufacturing a floor pump seems simple. Build one that will inflate a wheel and have a reliable, trustworthy gage. You only have to look at Topeak's range of floor pumps to realise it's not that easy, especially when taking the added demands of mountain bikers into consideration. Enter Topeak's JoeBlow Mountain.

Click here to view the article

Great pump but with the increased volume it struggles to reach high pressures so it is as intended to be a mtb specific pump. Tried to pump a mates wheelchair tyres to 9 bar and really struggled.

Yip +1 to previous posts....great pump, high volume, made properly and you can even get TR seals going with this bad boy.

NOT A ROAD PUMP....big volume <> high pressure

Great buy

Have one I bought like in 2005 from Lifestyle centre at Tyger Manor, if I recall. Inflate my mtb and Road bike tires fine. Taken up to 10Bar.. no problem.

Have one I bought like in 2005 from Lifestyle centre at Tyger Manor, if I recall. Inflate my mtb and Road bike tires fine. Taken up to 10Bar.. no problem.

Eish, can't get it to go above 7...then it struggles, but anything up to 7 is piece of tekkie....

Edited by rouxtjie

I'm looking for a pump for the "tech zone" at my kids XCO. Needs to have the ability to seat tubeless tires. Seem like this is capable, anyone had any experience actually doing this with the pump? Would appreciate the feedback.

I have had one since 2004 .Still going strong.Seating a new tyre impossible ,but reseating after topup is always possible

I'm looking for a pump for the "tech zone" at my kids XCO. Needs to have the ability to seat tubeless tires. Seem like this is capable, anyone had any experience actually doing this with the pump? Would appreciate the feedback.

I haven't had any problems seating any tubeless tire on various rims.

Presta or Schrader valves

Where can one purchase replacements - mine seems to have worn out and won't stay on the tube valve unless I hold it in place?

Ok EDIT

I just found out that Presta or Schrader valves are the tube valves.

I need the little rubber washers inside the Pump Nozzle - which I suspect are worn.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...