Mauritius MTB

Stevief

Im heading to Ile Maurice in June and was wondering if there are nice MTB trails to do on the island. Is it worth taking my bike along or should i just go and wallow like a hippo for 10 days?

Im heading to Ile Maurice in June and was wondering if there are nice MTB trails to do on the island. Is it worth taking my bike along or should i just go and wallow like a hippo for 10 days?

i once took my bike accross, there really isnt that many trails, i wouldnt do it and i went with the "national champ" he does tours, for me it def. wasnt worth the effort, and i spent lots of time going to the "trails", you must remember s/track is normally foot paths over farms,,, the only farms are sugar cane the rest is mountains and beaches its larva type terrain not fun to ride on, and the roads are hectic

my2c

and most hotel rent bikes they not the best but you will get a GOOD IDEA that you done well not to take your bike

Yep, The average driver there is like a good taxi driver here. I wouldn't take a bike. Rent a clunker for a bit of sight seeing at most.

Better riding than the Seychelles, but that's like saying a bullet in the knee is better than a bullet in the gut.

if you want to take it ill look for the guy who does the tours he is the only one on the island but it did take me long to track him down, the hotels didnt understand why i wanted to go ride in the mountains

I WAS DUMB ENOUGH TO TAKE MY BIKE OVER IN DECEMBER IT WAS ONE OF THOSE BIKE THULE CARRIERS, I ALMOST SENT IT BACK BY CONTAINER, in december airlines are not the most helpfull with big extra bike boxes

rather go for nature walks etc.

most good hotels have a decent gym with stationary bikes etc.

go for a quick spin/circuit followed by a dip in the ocean, then wallow away!

nature walks in the hotel room with the missus?

hmmmmm, travelled there quite a few times in 2012 and stayed over for weeks, even did one of the races, the 3 day mtb event is nice, but other than that, not worth it to take bike with, unless you're planning on doing a lot of riding due to boredom.....

hmmmmm, travelled there quite a few times in 2012 and stayed over for weeks, even did one of the races, the 3 day mtb event is nice, but other than that, not worth it to take bike with, unless you're planning on doing a lot of riding due to boredom.....

the problems the race route is not open to riders out side of the race, all private property,