Suikerbosrand

Gunston

I'm getting a bit gatvol of the cradle and want to wander out to a different route for a change of scenery. Never been to Suikerbosrand and would love to give the hills a go. How does it work out there- rock up and ride? Is it safe to ride alone? Anything special to know?

and also.... How do I get there from Fourways?

Thanks.

Any other good sugestions of alternative routes in GP would also be welcomed.

R20 per car and R10 per adult to ride the reserve

Safe enough to ride alone. The full loop is just under 60km. Make sure you are fit enough for this ride as its just one loop so you can't cut it short (the hills can be tough).

Watch your descents as you never know when animals can run across the road. Most importantly don't litter and if the road is a one way, stick to it don't go down/up any of the one way roads (as many a times the reserve has wanted to close its doors to cyclist for not obeying the rules)

There are 2 entrance. The popular entrance is just off the R550. Easiest route From Johannesburg (if you not familiar with the south is), take the N3 highway towards Heidelberg. Take the R550/Alberton Road off-ramp and turn right, across the ( highway. Turn left to the reserve

:w00t:

Enjoy it