The Trail Running Thread

Weight Weenie

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also got into this trail running scene.Great sport and can be just as tough as mountain biking.There is a event at van Gaalens cheese farm next week end.Its the wild dog challenge.You can get details on the Multisportbasement web-site for details.

Edited by MrFine

Hi all

Seeing as I'm doing much more trail running these days than riding I thought I'd start a dedicated thread.

So who else here is a keen trail runner?

Cheers,

WW.

Thanks.Lets keep this thread going for all trail running and related information.Great sport with a lot of good events out their.

I bought the new Trail magazine today.Comes out on a three monthly basis.This is the March,April,May edition.Great Mag with a lot of useful information.

Anyone on here done off-road races such as Skyrun, Mont-aux-sources, Rhodes & Amatola?

Edited by Thug

I have also got into this trail running scene.Great sport and can be just as tough as mountain biking.There is a event at van Gaalens cheese farm next week end.Its the wild dog challenge.You can get details on the Multisportbasement web-site for details.

The 50k is sold out though, but there's still space in the 20k if anyone is keen. Nice little climb up Pofadder and a 3k switchback decent :)

Anyone on here done off-road races such as Skyrun, Mont-aux-sources, Rhodes & Amatola?

Still lots I want to run, was entered for Num-Num last year but got ill close to the race and skipped it.

The Cradle Mayhem stage race is the furthest I've done. May possibly do Retto this year....

That's terrible. I really hope you find a cure soon!

Haha it's much more of a workout for a short time period but mostly I'm attracted by not having to faff with my bike endlessly, washing and replacing stuff all the time. Just take gear and go run.

• 1 month later...

Right as I'm doing the RETTO I'm looking for some Pretoria/JHB based training partners for long trail runs. Anyone?

Those runs you mentoined are hard core, it no one day warrior races, but ultra long and cold stuff.

I've done the Otter and a few other.

Its expensive but it one of the best races in SA

Dryland Traverse is also a great one to do, its one where you can take the whole family and make a nice weekend out of it.

Doing my 1st race of the year on Sunday - Diamond Dash.

Saturday Groenies and Monday Kings if anyone is keen. Looking to run about 3 hours, around 7:30m/k.

Doing my 1st race of the year on Sunday - Diamond Dash.

Saturday Groenies and Monday Kings if anyone is keen. Looking to run about 3 hours, around 7:30m/k.

Might join you for the Diamond Dash if I don't do the Cradle. Groenies and Kings? What are those?

did the cairnbrogie trail run last weekend, it's part of the plett easter games.

was a great run, pine forest/farmland/indigenous forest/sea scapes/fynbos....it had it all. photos should be pretty cool