The Trail Running Thread

Weight Weenie

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might join you for the Diamond Dash if I don't do the Cradle. Groenies and Kings? What are those?

Groenkloof and Kings Kloof

Diamond Dash is my favourite near PTA, then Waterfall Splendour, then further away Num Num and anything in Sabie. Which is nice cos you get to take the MTB along too :)

Anyone on here done off-road races such as Skyrun, Mont-aux-sources, Rhodes & Amatola?

Ive done Southern Cross

• 2 weeks later...

My cycling is taking a bit of a backseat at the moment. Loving trail running! Got me some of these shoes. I like the almost barefoot feel.

post-25481-0-84540000-1399532299_thumb.jpg

I have a pair of those as well.

These days I am running in these bad boys

http://www.trailrunningreview.com/reviews/generales/thumbs664/1_432.jpg

Have to admit that I have not been on the mtb in almost 2 months, been running exclusively and I have to say that (at the moment) I am far more amped for a run than I ever was for cycling.

I think I just went over the 70 km mark from mid-April. Doing max 10kms a run in Groenkloof at the moment as I am a bit cautious of going too hard too fast.

If you a Bit mad like I was last year.I did the 75Km Magalies Monster on the Saturday and The 24Km Platinum Trail run on the Sunday.Same format this year.I am doing the same this year but my running as improved quite a bit.Did the Trail run in 3 Hours Flat last year.Hope to take of 20 to 30min this year.The Trail run is also on the Magalies Monster Web site.Entries Route and profiles.Enjoy.

Edited by MrFine

Have to admit that I have not been on the mtb in almost 2 months, been running exclusively and I have to say that (at the moment) I am far more amped for a run than I ever was for cycling.

I think I just went over the 70 km mark from mid-April. Doing max 10kms a run in Groenkloof at the moment as I am a bit cautious of going too hard too fast.

Me to. If I was not entered for the Magalies monster I would probly not ride at all. Not that I have ridden my bike much the past few weeks... I'm still around the 10k mark will start pushing pace and distance soon.

If you a Bit mad like I was last year.I did the 75Km Magalies Monster on the Saturday and The 24Km Platinum Trail run on the Sunday.Same format this year.I am doing the same this year but my running as improved quite a bit.Did the Trail run in 3 Hours Flat last year.Hope to take of 20 to 30min this year.The Trail run is also on the Magalies Monster Web site.Entries Route and profiles.Enjoy.

I'm considering the run, how is it in terms of amount of technical trail and singletrack and ascent?

The more of that the better for me.

Any good events that are between 12-20km?

I've had a look and found the spur series which looks pretty cool

In the same boat as most other guys here. If I ride once a week now it's a lot and it's the only day I don't run.

My Pegasus 29s, which have a 12mm heel-toe drop, have clocked up around 1500km now and are being retired for a pair of these, which sport a 9mm drop. I'm taking the transition slow:

http://a3.zassets.com/images/z/1/8/7/9/6/2/1879622-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg