The Trail Running Thread

Weight Weenie

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did my second FNB Isuzu trail Run this weekend.Great tough race with lots of climbing and awesome views.Well organised event.The day after doing the 80Km Magalies monster.Felt much better at the end today than yesturday.Managed to do a 2H45 for 24Km Trail Run.Good for my standard of Running.

Did my second FNB Isuzu trail Run this weekend.Great tough race with lots of climbing and awesome views.Well organised event.The day after doing the 80Km Magalies monster.Felt much better at the end today than yesturday.Managed to do a 2H45 for 24Km Trail Run.Good for my standard of Running.

G's well done!!

Those Adidas are the Kanadia XC 2's if I am not mistaken.

Yea they are. They are awesome shoes, or I am diging them. I'm going to do the night race at Heia this coming friday if anyone is keen to join. Was fun last month.

My wife started trail running about 3 weeks back and the bug has bitten. She is also doing the Heia race next Friday evening? She is a fitness junkie

My wife started trail running about 3 weeks back and the bug has bitten. She is also doing the Heia race next Friday evening? She is a fitness junkie

Yea it's this coming friday. It is a lekker race! Beers and shots at the water points...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys/girls.

I want to get myself a foam roller. Do I need a knobly one or is a smooth one fine? It is basically only for my legs. There is like a R500 price diff between the two.

Thanks

Pieter

Hey guys/girls.

I want to get myself a foam roller. Do I need a knobly one or is a smooth one fine? It is basically only for my legs. There is like a R500 price diff between the two.

Thanks

Pieter

Normal one is fine, my wife uses hers to alleviate pressure all the time. I can only imagine that the knobbly one would give you more targeted relief, but then it would also prevent the broad based relief that you want from a foam roller in the first place.

Thanks man! I just got an idea to get a 110mm pvc offcut and wraping it in poolnoodle...

Best price was the blue ones at Dischem for R199 when I got one a year or two ago. Check on the top of the shelving near the supplements or ask the guys. Branded ones are expensive. The Grid from Triggerpoint is a great one if spending more. Also try the ProTech Athletics sticks you'll find at the rugby gear at Sportsmans. Great instruction manual with them.

NB is to learn how to use the roller!!! You put weight on it to put pressure on an area, NOT roll it like a koekroller verstaan :)

Best price was the blue ones at Dischem for R199 when I got one a year or two ago. Check on the top of the shelving near the supplements or ask the guys. Branded ones are expensive. The Grid from Triggerpoint is a great one if spending more. Also try the ProTech Athletics sticks you'll find at the rugby gear at Sportsmans. Great instruction manual with them.

NB is to learn how to use the roller!!! You put weight on it to put pressure on an area, NOT roll it like a koekroller verstaan :)

Hahahahaha! I sit infront of the tv with a koek roller and roll... Saw one at sportsmans for 200 but its smooth, I don't know what the knobs really do and if I need knobs... This looks cool.http://rebelstore.co.za/foam-roller-grid.html

Nice thread thanks guys. Funny way to make my way back to the Hub. For the guys with Retto entries please keep me in mind if something gets in the way of you making it to the race - I am desperately looking for an entry. Please PM if you know of something.

Wolwespruit looks like it will be a nice alternative to Groenies a day Klapperkop. Keen for a run there soon.

Great thread! Can anyone reccomend a good place to do some serious trail runs? Training for Num Num and really need to do some tough long runs.

Went out to Kings Kloof last weekend, but it is closed until further notice..

Edited by FmgK

Great thread! Can anyone reccomend a good place to do some serious trail runs? Training for Num Num and really need to do some tough long runs.

Went out to Kings Kloof last weekend, but it is closed until further notice..

None of that terrain out here really.

But Pofadder at Van Gaalen's is an option.

Then Heia ranch, Hakahana, Groenkloof, Hedianga farm, Hennops are all options.