Northern Farms

ycowley

The red route will give you 38km

thanks.

just had a look at the website ...  :whistling:   should have done that first.

can the red and black route be mixed and matched? or is it a situation of either/or?

Edited by L.T.G

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... did Red today with a bits of black in between... the trails are absolutely fantastic! so much work has gone into them and the whole place in general. :thumbup:

The river section is MUCH cleaner than the last time I rode there and the overtaking sections are a nice touch. :clap:

Well done to whoever is involved, excellent job done. :thumbup:

Can't say the same for quite a few of the riders... lots of boxes on bikes. <_<

So... did Red today with a bits of black in between... the trails are absolutely fantastic! so much work has gone into them and the whole place in general. :thumbup:

The river section is MUCH cleaner than the last time I rode there and the overtaking sections are a nice touch. :clap:

Always, sadly:-(

• 2 weeks later...

We are trying our best to make it better each day.   Glad you enjoyed all we doing to make it better.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey chaps. Will Northern Farms be open to the public tomorrow? I see there's a race happening...

My girlfriend just bought her first bike in many years and I thought a trundle around the green route would be a nice introduction.

To us noobs out there, what is a box on a bike? Just so I know whether or not I qualify.

If you ride in a manner which encourages other riders to call you by the slang name given to the female reproductive organ, you qualify.

Noobs don't usually qualify though because their errors are generally made in blissful ignorance of the correct manner of doing things, due to the very fact that they are be definition, Noobs.

Of course you will always get the odd cycling Noob who is a box on a bike, a box in a car, a box at work and a box in the pub. Those people are boxes regardless.

You don't sound like one, so I wouldn't worry dude.

If you ride in a manner which encourages other riders to call you by the slang name given to the female reproductive organ, you qualify.

Noobs don't usually qualify though because their errors are generally made in blissful ignorance of the correct manner of doing things, due to the very fact that they are be definition, Noobs.

Of course you will always get the odd cycling Noob who is a box on a bike, a box in a car, a box at work and a box in the pub. Those people are boxes regardless.

You don't sound like one, so I wouldn't worry dude.

Ha ha a box on a bike, there also various sizes of boxes on bikes ! Small box to some huge boxes !

Which routes can be tackled by a noob on a cyclocross bike (me)? I'm aiming to do 40-60km, so presumably I could just do loops on the easy routes?

I live in Fourways and have just started cycling (on my own) and have bought myself a CX. So mostly I just cruise around the dirt roads nearby (through all the equestrian estates) working on my fitness levels and trying not to get jacked :).