(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

Huge difference between doping and lying to hide it for so many years and cutting an s-bend!

The article suggests that Go-Pro footage from the team behind them and Evans' own footage was used, I would guess the appeal would rest on why he did it, obviously he can't say he didn't do it. The punishment really might not fit the crime, we'll have to wait and see

2 camera's including his own as you said showed they took a shortcut and gained advantage. Not much more to be said. Maybe Fedgroup has another TUE for the shortcut but hasnt been approved by shortcuts anonymous?

“Review of Go-Pro camera footage from the rider immediately behind the rider in question, as well as footage from team 13’s own Go-Pro (attached to the bicycle of the accused rider) confirms that the incident occurred, and that an unfair advantage was gained.”

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know the 2nd place team appealed or put the protest in? Why would you say that is unfair? They cheated and took a short cut to save time.

If I was the 2nd team I would also protest just like Kevin and David used to appeal and protest anything and everything they could come up with against Burry and Sauser when they used to get their asses handed to them year after year at Epic.

How do you know the intent was to save or gain time? How about just needing to pass people where there is little or no space? Seems like you have a lot of sour grapes against Kevin here.

If it's against Epic rules why is it BS?

So many experts and analysts on the Hub.

R150,000 for touching a water bottle is a little stupid don't you think.

Sort of like a R150,000 speeding fine for doing 140 in a 120 zone

punishment befitting the crime??

How do you know the intent was to save or gain time? How about just needing to pass people where there is little or no space? Seems like you have a lot of sour grapes against Kevin here.

How do you know it wasnt?? Seems like you a fanboy of Kevin here.

2 camera's including his own as you said showed they took a shortcut and gained advantage. Not much more to be said. Maybe Fedgroup has another TUE for the shortcut but hasnt been approved by shortcuts anonymous?

“Review of Go-Pro camera footage from the rider immediately behind the rider in question, as well as footage from team 13’s own Go-Pro (attached to the bicycle of the accused rider) confirms that the incident occurred, and that an unfair advantage was gained.”

How much time did they gain as a result of all this?

Has anyone seen this footage?

R150,000 for touching a water bottle is a little stupid don't you think.

Sort of like a R150,000 speeding fine for doing 140 in a 120 zone

punishment befitting the crime??

If its in the rules then yes. Totally fitting. If not, then no.

If I was the 2nd team I would also protest just like Kevin and David used to appeal and protest anything and everything they could come up with against Burry and Sauser when they used to get their asses handed to them year after year at Epic.

I was just thinking of all the doper inspired protests. Funny how this makes me sad to be a south african. It seems like the proper pro's don't give a **** about a minor indiscretion like with Sauser in the prologue, but the typical saffa will kill you to gain an advantage.

Kind of reminds me of how south africans treat each other in traffic and so on.

Nothing, they went 60min backwards.

Yeah, funny man. Without the penalty?

Has anyone seen the footage, and can they tell us how much these guys gained?

This is crazy, what, are they going to lay a charge against BS at the police station for touching a water bottle?

I would never pay this amount of money. Not like he can ride the epic again.

How much was froome penalised with when he took eats from the team car in the last 10km?

We want to show the world how glorious we are??? utter rubbish.

This all just to get more international sponsors involved, more money for their deeper pockets.

In hierdie land, gun niemand iemand anders enige iets nie. Nie eens sonskyn nie.

This is crazy, what, are they going to lay a charge against BS at the police station for touching a water bottle?

How much was froome penalised with when he took eats from the team car in the last 10km?

Sky was penalised with a pretty hefty fine if remember.

Probably 1000 (about 10-15K in rands) swiss francs. Maybe 30seconds. Depends on the stage and the rules on that particular stage. In road races (and especially stage races) different rules can apply day to day.

WTF it isn't even Friday yet.. Btw.. I also saw sauser take a short cut during the prologue. . Where is his penalty huh. . Yoh they must be consistent with the rules. . Same rules should be applied to all

Guest Karma

Pipe down. Wait for the press release. There's more to it than just touching a water bottle.