Stolen Miranda

Phillip Gibb

This morning (28th March 2014) in Rondeboch (Belmont Office Business park) I locked up my Blue dual suspension Miranda - at about 7am. Well, it is a borrowed MTB. And it was stolen.

The irony is that I cycle in to save money and I borrowed the MTB because I can't afford one. And there goes my plans for the first Ascent Mast challenge.

Hopping that it was not too expensive and that insurance can come into play. I was a heavy and old Miranda bought second hand.

Blue with white writing and trimming.

Headlight, usb rear red light

Saddle bag and front bag both black.

hmmmph

Merida maybe? That sux never the less. Hope it was insured. Damn thieving bastards!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

This morning (28th March 2014) in Rondeboch (Belmont Office Business park) I locked up my Blue dual suspension Miranda - at about 7am. Well, it is a borrowed MTB. And it was stolen.

The irony is that I cycle in to save money and I borrowed the MTB because I can't afford one. And there goes my plans for the first Ascent Mast challenge.

Hopping that it was not too expensive and that insurance can come into play. I was a heavy and old Miranda bought second hand.

Blue with white writing and trimming.

Headlight, usb rear red light

Saddle bag and front bag both black.

hmmmph

Which office has the best view of where the bike was locked up?? I would start there and ask them if they saw anything useful. Does the Park have any access control in place or can outsiders freely wander in? Check if there is not any CCTV in place that may have had a view... Good Luck hunting this down! We're all guessing you mean Merida and not Miranda...

Merida :) sorry

Waiting to see if there is footage. In fact there was a camera in the parking area, bit probably focused on the door.

Apparently someone else had their bike stolen days before, wish I had been told - maybe I would have done something differently - even taken things off my bike (lights, bag, seat post).

Funny thing is that I was told by a colleague that he though he saw my bike on the back of a silver Mercedes in Milnerton - that could mean anything.