How long after Pneumonia can one get on a bike

Anyone on The Hub had pneumonia before? Im still getting over mine been just over 2 weeks now. How long should i wait till I get back in the saddle.

I know its still a while off. Just want to see if anyone here had it before.

Sometimes its a good idea to get on the bike as to get rid of the slime...

3 golden rules of training and being sick:-

1. Don't train if you have a fever

2. Don't train if your joints hurt (or your body is sore)

3. Don't train if your resting HR is 10 beats faster than normal

When you do get back on the bike go ride solo at first. Riding with a bunch may force you to keep up. Listen to your body.

I have the same problem. One week down two to go. If I walk I still have a problem breathing. So I am off the bike till I am 100%.

Made the mistake once before and landed in the hospital. So rather take it slow and rest and make sure you are 100%

Anyone on The Hub had pneumonia before? Im still getting over mine been just over 2 weeks now. How long should i wait till I get back in the saddle.

I know its still a while off. Just want to see if anyone here had it before.

i had pneumonia , about this time of the year as well

it takes a while before your lung capacity gets back to normal. you will be out of breathe very quickly and become very frustrated.

with winter approaching, i would suggest the trainer and not out doors.

And TAKE IT EASY....... :rolleyes:

I had it quite badly last winter. After a 10 day antibiotics course I felt just as miserable as on day 1.

I started training about 2 weeks after the x-rays showed that the fluid in my lung is clearing up. Just take it very slowly in the beginning as your immune function is very much compromised still.

It took me probably about 3 or 4 months to get completely rid of all symptoms (coughing up slime) but I was already training full on after 7 weeks or so.