Indoor trainer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the best trainer money can buy? Has Tacx sorted out their software?

I am running TTS4 on I-magic. It seems to be working very well. Althought Tacx claims to have fixed a bug where the software crashes if the PC enters sleep mode, I find the software pauses for a long time if the pc does enter slep mode. I just turn sleep mode off and the problem does not occur.

What I like about tacx is that the hardware and software are all upgradable. ONe down sise to TTS4 is that any video below T1956.30 is not compatible and won't load. They have a downlaod program so fix that but it has not worked for me.

Also, the I-magic power meter seems to be pretty accurate which is nice

I have a tacx I-Magic that I stopped using out of frustration and now a Powerbeam Pro. I would definitely recommend the Powerbeam.

The iPad software is very stable, it's silent with the trainer tyre and the ride feel is good.

It would take a bit of convincing for me to ever buy a Tacx trainer again.

Gave my tacx booster away to my brotehr for his 21st and went jetfluid pro and wont be going back again

Pedal stroke analysis, thus 2 powermeters in crank...very very cool.

Built like a brick shitter

Built-in tests and programs

Online support and programs...wattbike.com is a very good training resource even if you dont own a wattbike

Controlled powerbased training where you can measure your performance increase or decrease in static environment.

There is a load cell measuring the pressure / tension in the chain. Definetly Not 2 powermeters in the crank... something similar to Polars WIND power thingie....hence the software showing pedal stroke analysis very similar to polar.

My trainers I 100km gps rides no problem

with a setup like this i will only be riding indoors :thumbup:

There is a load cell measuring the pressure / tension in the chain. Definetly Not 2 powermeters in the crank... something similar to Polars WIND power thingie....hence the software showing pedal stroke analysis very similar to polar.

Cool, and thanks for the correction....thought they had 1 powermeter per side.

:thumbup:

thank you ;)

guys, let me introduce the CycleOps Indoor Cycles, one of the most accurate indoor bikes out on the market and definitely the best value for money here in SA, pricing starting from R26 495.00 INCL VAT and DELIVERY and HR straps!! we will even through in a FREE 6 month CycleOps Virtual Training sub worth R600!!!

http://virtualtraining.cycleops.com/en/tour/

We should do a thread on pain-caves like berry's nice one above... TheSufferfest has a nice selection, but I reckon us Saffers can show them a thing or two.