User Review: PYGA OneTen29

LazyTrailRider

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only my one is faster cos its a green one.

I have to admit, the green is pretty cool.

Brushed gives it that "this may be a prototype" look though!

Another green one here, and I can confirm its breadth of ability (though perhaps not my own). It does get a bit irritating in races though, as everyone else ends up being slower downhill (and its my own fitness, rather than the bike, limiting me up!).

Important to keep it all stiction free, even the slightest bit seems to harm the ride more than my previous ride (probably because one is so much more aware of what is possible, she is the sweetest thing when tuned, soaks up everything that should be soaked up, leaves you to handle the rest).

Important to keep it all stiction free, even the slightest bit seems to harm the ride more than my previous ride (probably because one is so much more aware of what is possible, she is the sweetest thing when tuned, soaks up everything that should be soaked up, leaves you to handle the rest).

Important point.

I've found the only stiction to be at the shock eyelets. Seeing as they're (as on almost all bikes) not bearing-mounted, they don't pivot perfectly smoothly unless they're only partially tightened. Not fully tightening them of course means that they very quickly rattle loose. Not an ideal setup. I'm going to experiment with Loctite, but I don't know if it will hold things in place solidly enough in a partially tightened state...

Hi Martin, how do you experience the 120mm travel while pyga recommends a 130-140mm fork travel? Also got myself a used frame and are looking at the rockshox revelation 140mm travel? Your thoughts??

Important point.

I've found the only stiction to be at the shock eyelets. Seeing as they're (as on almost all bikes) not bearing-mounted, they don't pivot perfectly smoothly unless they're only partially tightened. Not fully tightening them of course means that they very quickly rattle loose. Not an ideal setup. I'm going to experiment with Loctite, but I don't know if it will hold things in place solidly enough in a partially tightened state...

Just read this bit now, using nylon washers and a nylock nut might help. Would need to replace the nuts as the nylock does wear out if they're installed/removed repeatedly.

Worth a try as it's a cheap fix if it works.

I have to admit, the green is pretty cool.

Brushed gives it that "this may be a prototype" look though!

Confession

I prefer the brushed look too. :whistling:

Always been wondering about these:

http://www.endurofor....com/id275.html

Maybe solve the last source of "stiction" on the bike?

I forgot about this setup!

A long time ago, I did some reading up. Apparently, it wears really quickly because the force applied is out of proportion to the number of degrees of rotation, so only a few of the bearings carry all the load.

It's worth a shot though, I'm going to see if I can get hold of a kit and see how it holds up.

Hi Martin, how do you experience the 120mm travel while pyga recommends a 130-140mm fork travel? Also got myself a used frame and are looking at the rockshox revelation 140mm travel? Your thoughts??

PYGA actually recommends 120-1300mm for the OneTen, it's the OneTwenty which prefers a 130-140mm setup.

That being said, I would run a 140mm Revelation on the OneTen without qualms. It would slacken the HA just enough to suit the kind of riding that extra 20mm will encourage. Would be a good match I reckon :thumbup: