Boschkop or Rosemary Hill MTB trails

Lone-Ranger

Hi Everybody

Want to do a MTB trail in Pta East this weekend. Which 1 is better Boschkop or Rosemary Hill MTB trails?

Life's a journey enjoy the ride

Edited by Lone-Ranger

As far as I know the boschkop one has deteriorated to the point where you cannot ride there anymore. Go give Rosemary hill a bash. You'll have a jol

Don't know Boschkop, but Rosemary hill is good fun. And if it's still super swampy in places it's free :-D

Depends on how far you want to go otherwise go stop at Rosemary hills or even Hazeldean Shopping centre and ride from there including a lap or two at Rosemary hills ;)

Lemme know how far you wanna go and I'll send you a route map or two ;)

Boschkop mtb trails are open, but it is not being maintained. After all the rain we've had it'll be terribly overgrown. Haven't been there for long.

Rosemary Hill is fun. Go and enjoy!

Does anyone know the back route off Hans Strydom, coming in by National Chicks, to Rosemary Hill?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I rode this past weekend in the Rosemary Hill area and tried to access the railway line but see the land owner has closed things off since I was last there (where the red post boxes are).

Any one know what the best way is to still access the railway line route from the region of Rosemary Hill ?

Thanks.

Boschkop MTB park is all ridable, we normally pass through there with our normal rides.

Edited by janneman72

Does anyone know the back route off Hans Strydom, coming in by National Chicks, to Rosemary Hill?

Don't you mean the back route from Boschkop road, Hans Strydom & Nationals Chicks are very far apart. 

Hi,

I rode this past weekend in the Rosemary Hill area and tried to access the railway line but see the land owner has closed things off since I was last there (where the red post boxes are).

Any one know what the best way is to still access the railway line route from the region of Rosemary Hill ?

Thanks.

Can access it from Sammy Marks side.

How do you do that ? Do you cycle from Rosemary Hill over the highway to the Bronkhorspruit Road, turn right and look for a track somewhere ?

How do you do that ? Do you cycle from Rosemary Hill over the highway to the Bronkhorspruit Road, turn right and look for a track somewhere ?

Hi, there's 2 ways.

1.) You cycle past Rosemary hill on the main road so that the main entrance is on your right hand side, you go through the ditch and the first large gravel road you see, you turn left, follow the drag, over the rail way and take the first right after you crossed the rail line, follow the road and where it turns left with a split to the right you take the right split. Over the railway again and you'll get to the old railway road.

2.) You go to the donkerhoek plaza, out with bronkies rd, turn right into the donkerhoek gravel rd, 2nd road right again.under the railway and turn left.