Mounting Thule bike rack to a lifting system attached to a wall

I FLY

I remember seeing somewhere that there was a lifting system that was mounted on wall.

Then thule bike rack was connected so that bike rack could be used as a bike storage

But I cannot find it on Google or Hub.

I remember seeing somewhere that there was a lifting system that was mounted on wall.

Then thule bike rack was connected so that bike rack could be used as a bike storage

But I cannot find it on Google or Hub.

I'm no expert here, but if it's a towbar rack then you could perhaps just buy a towball, some pipe as spacers if needed and some rawlbolts/chemical anchors to achieve the same? Or am I understanding wrong.

EDIT: Google FU seems strong with me today, this what you were looking for?

http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Boone-Outdoor/BH90H3FS.html

Edited by Vangar

Should be simple enough if you own a drilling machine, a welding machine and a hacksaw. All you need is some steel, a pulley, the winch and a bit of creativity...

Cool idea and really should not be that hard to build at all. You do really have to be running out of space in a serious way if you want to do that though...

Cool idea and really should not be that hard to build at all. You do really have to be running out of space in a serious way if you want to do that though...

Yes.

6 bikes in a double garage with camping equipment , washing machine, two cars and other stuff:)

I am also considering this. DIY project. And perhaps you don't have to use an electric motor, a hand winch may do the trick.

Also, I would try and mount the bike rack on the number plate end to free the other end to be able to lift the rack from my car and lower it back onto the car using the winch/motor.

PS, I have a home made bike rack, so minor changes apply.