Review: Momsen Design pre-production carbon fibre fender

Iwan Kemp

Got to love the forum.

Quick and to the point, market research for the product done.

I think the frame guard as shown on the bike in the first photo would be a better product to sell ... may I have 2 please !

Hate it when my carbon frame scratches !

Carbon is too dangerous to use as a mudguard.

No flex in it.

It would remove a kneecap with surgical precision should one fall on it. Plastic, on the other hand would bend.

Not a good idea imho

I think mud clearance might be an issue.

In the worst of it any mud guard would suffer.

jaar nee dit lyk kakkas

Pre-production...

It's a small, short, mudguard that took a year to make? Am I missing something here?

"...has been tested and developed over the last year..."

Too little clearance and too short at the back?

IMHO

All depends on what you want and like. I would never fit a massively long mud guard to any bike.

Most important question: Is it Enduro Specific?

Only if you want it to be! Option is always there to rebrand it as Enduro specific and charge more :D

Carbon is too dangerous to use as a mudguard.

No flex in it.

It would remove a kneecap with surgical precision should one fall on it. Plastic, on the other hand would bend.

Not a good idea imho

Carbon can have as much flex as you'd like it to have.

Got to love the forum.

Quick and to the point, market research for the product done.

I think the frame guard as shown on the bike in the first photo would be a better product to sell ... may I have 2 please !

Hate it when my carbon frame scratches !

http://momsenbikes.com/shoponline/latest-arrivals/momsen-vipa-microfiber-frame-protection-kit-w-momsen-logo-detail

http://momsenbikes.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/momsen_vipa_microfiber_protection_kit-web.jpg

The idea is good.....the product seems fine......I will just fit it the wrong way around.......instead of becomming a mud guard (catcher), I will utilze it as a mud scraper. Small clearance between guard and tyre will work fine to get the worst mud off and prevent big blops of mud accumulating (experience after three very muddy races this year already......on my MOMSEN ;-))

Edited by BarHugger