Choice of 650B

Apollo16

Started cycling a few years back with basic Raleigh entry level MTB. Last year decide to get into a more serious level and picked up a TITAN SPORT 29R.

My legs failed after abt 30km on dirt with the Titan...mission completing 42km. Realized weight does play a major factor. :-|

Considering a 650B now ...looked at Merida BIG 7 300 and Giant Talon 1..trying not to break the piggy B on this one.

any thoughts on decent 27" @ this price bracket?

I have both a 650b and a 29er., wheel size won't make a big difference, just keep riding and you will get stronger.

Having said that, if you really want another bike, look at the Momsen AL651 Air as well.

I must agree with EL. I've always said on our novice level, its not the bike. Its the rider. Its called TITS my friend, time in the saddle.

wheel size is irrelevant, fitness and time in saddle, the more you ride, the fitter you get, the more weight you loose, the easier it becomes to ride!!

I ride all 3 and has nothing to do with fitness, more to do with terrain and style of riding want to do !

Buying a new bike won't be the magic bullet you are looking for. Yes you will shed a couple of kilos on the bike, but it will mean you get to 31km instead of 30 before you hit the wall.

Be honest with yourself, how much weight can you shed on your own body? And how much fitness can you gain?

Save your pennies and ride more. Nothing wrong with your current bike.

If you must spend cash, upgrade to a lighter fork and better wheels.

agree ...fitness point ...shed approx 9kg's on the Titan...trying to keep the wheels turning ...difficult on 9-5 work week... :cursing:

thought perhaps 275 would be more forgiving on Saturday morning ride ... making it through the weekend with serious leg break not funny at all. :eek:

Thanks for the advice guys... will be working harder on fitness...

"you can't put a limit on anything ..."