Slip Streaming a Truck for 13km at 82km/h average

epic5253

This time it went well for you, thankfully. Next time it may not. Hopefully you will do a lot of growing up between now and then. Huge difference between calculated risks and foolhardiness.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This time it went well for you, thankfully. Next time it may not. Hopefully you will do a lot of growing up between now and then. Huge difference between calculated risks and foolhardiness.

How's that old saying go "Risk vs Reward"...

For me personally risk is too high, but that's just me.

Edited by quintonb

I had a friend who did this. Had being the operative word.. And I am being quite serious. Truck had to stop suddenly and he rode straight into the back

I had a friend who did this. Had being the operative word.. And I am being quite serious. Truck had to stop suddenly and he rode straight into the back

Sorry to hear that bud, unnecessary tragedy. Foreseeable and avoidable. Condolences.

82 is fast

82 behind a truck is stoopid, feeenish en klaar.

I've done it once. On a bit of road I knew extremely well... a trucker came by slowly and shouted at me to follow him... I accepted the challenge...

About 10km at around 70km/h

It was fun, but still stupid of me

and probably going uphill as well?

Guest EdEdEd

and probably going uphill as well?

Nope, roads in upington was flat as hell. This segment had a very slight downhill gradient as well... on the same stretch i have also averaged about just under 50km/h on another occasion. That time together with a couple on a tandem...

Edited by EdEdEd

Sorry to hear that bud, unnecessary tragedy. Foreseeable and avoidable. Condolences.

absolutely - it was way back when were in school - std 9. the guy had huge future prospects in road cycling

I had a good friend who ended up under those back wheels and got dragged for a while, the driver never even knew he had driven over him, needless to say I stay away from trucks