At registration for Emperors

PieterAvenant

What is written on the organisers information sheet ....

"Late entries

Late line entries will only be accepted at the registration venues as indicated, not on the day of the race.

Urgent note: A penalty fee of R60 will be applicable for all distances on the MTB as well as the road events.

No seeding for late entries, you will be seeded in the non seeded groups"

Clearer than this? :eek:

Funny thing is there is no non seeded group, pitch up early enough and you will get an A bunch number, pitch up later and you will receive a B bunch number, go register on Saturday and you will be in E. Hope you always experience only the best service because if I ever had to help you with something with your mighty attitude then maybe you will also give a rant on a website

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you havent been a 'first time' poster? I am sure you havent been called a "troll". And nice way to treat people you dont know. Easy to post over the internet. By the looks of it you could have helped at registration.

Keyboard Ninjas aka idiots are all over The Hub

Dude, maybe you're used to being shouted at but in my view you should treat people with common decency...period.

+1

What organiser do you know of, that will give a seeding at late registration, 2 days before the event ?

These first time posters (trolls) with agendas, please go and get a life.

Given that you like rules so much perhaps its time to read the hub rules - the part about not insulting people may be of particular interest to you.

Bit unnecessary mate. Just because someone have low number of posts doesn't make him a troll.

What organiser do you know of, that will give a seeding at late registration, 2 days before the event ?

so wait a minute.. u one day registered a profile on the hub and magically had 100s of posts?!?!

Hahahahahaha! Ur good on your keyboard but im pretty sure pieter is better on a bike! Seriously, ur missing the point being made.

I did a late entry for Carnival City and they did a reseed for me on the Friday before the Race when I picked up my number

What is written on the organisers information sheet ....

"Late entries

Late line entries will only be accepted at the registration venues as indicated, not on the day of the race.

Urgent note: A penalty fee of R60 will be applicable for all distances on the MTB as well as the road events.

No seeding for late entries, you will be seeded in the non seeded groups"

Clearer than this? :eek:

Yip I also got this info earlier this week, NO seeding for late entries.

Doesnt give the volunteers/AGS Staff a reason to be rude

Considering that we have a section on RANTS and raves, I think all hubbers, even first time posters should have the right to complain about bad service. Take Andrew Armstrong from the fake Dogma thread for example, first time poster...... almost 150 page informative and captivating thread.

If ASG staff are guilty of bad customer service, they should get their act together, the OP and other race entrants pay for an entry, so they are entitled to expect some level of customer service.

No need to be rude but yes, if you don't do online entry then expect to be slotted at the back. Having been involved at registration i can tell you some riders doing late entry can be quite pushy so perhaps this person had a few bad incidents before. The organizers need to do this to keep the bunches in size, if there is a large rush for late entries and they all claim to be A bunch type insisting to be placed A what must the orgs do with those who have entered and have already been seeded A.

Ok, so I am sure for most of you this is old news but thought I have to say something about this.

This morning at registration of this year's Emperors Palace race my fiance was so yelled at as far as I am concerned for no reason at all. Ja maybe I want to make my voice heard because she was yelled at but I still feel there is no reason for organisers to handle "customers" like that.

She had to pick up numbers and also do a late entry for a mate of ours. She asked whether the mate could be seeded, simple question. And this lady took her tantrum out on my fiance.

Honestly, some of these people who collect our numbers are doing us a favor and dont deserve this. It was maybe not the right thing to ask for a seeding but the attitude wasnt necessary where you clearly volunteered to organise this race and then to work with potential reseedings.

Apperently as I understood afterwards is that they are from ASG. So ASG, get your people some skills please!!!

Sorry to hear about your bad experiance. I have had some good experiences with ASG. But i prever online entries and have never had a problem with long que. I think asg will be able to act if you send the person's name to them. Then hopefully this will not happen to others.

PS: given my 2c worth so i can get lots op posts = more respect for my opinion. :-)

^ said in a joking manner, i understand and apreciate both sides of the "number of posts" argument.

Starting in C batch today there were 2 riders with JL number's that slipped in, overheard them telling their mates they entered late and tried for earlier seeding, both were spat out within the 1st 10km.

Dude why so agro? I think it's a legitimate question in asking why they can't seed late entries. Sometimes they make us feel that they are doing us a favour while we are the paying customer. I entered for the Wilro late on the Friday and got my seeding.

Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback and everyone that participated. We are working on a new 'late entry' solution that will allow seeding...some minor technical issues to overcome but we'll get there. As far as the 'rude' response to a cyclist at registration goes we'll make sure all staff/volunteers are properly debriefed and try to avoid this in future. Our sincere apologies to anyone who felt they did not get friendly and professional service at registration.

I would go buy a fake pinerello, just to show them how pissed off you are

Sheesh, you're a real glass half empty kind of a guy guy aren't you?

It's not a fake pinarello, it's a "genuine chinarello"....

Edited by Jigghead

Not a direct response to the OP, but I was packed and ready to roll (4am). I suddenly got a feeling that the groups will be too big for such a flat race. I was seeded AL and decided to turn around. My concern is the permanent upward push with resultant big groups. Late seeding will make this worse. I dont have an answer though.