PMB World Cup: Found in the pits - Rockshox RS-1

Claudio

please take plenty of pit bits! special request: look out for SChwalbe First Ride tyres, and take close ups of the tread patterns if y'all can. Also, try and spot the rims with two valves rocking schwalbe tyres. Keen to hear how many riders, and who, are riding the dual chamber system.

"Proprietary hubs are the only option for the RS-1 " - Really?!

yep. something about the the configuration of the maxle that increases torsional rigidity of the fork without requiring a fork bridge as is common on USD forks.

Edited by Capricorn

"The second piece of the puzzle was the interface between the hub and the lower fork legs. The solution is a proprietary oversized system called Predictive Steering.

While the RS-1 uses the same 15mm Maxle Ultimate introduced last year for the Pike, the hub interface is new and unique. The RS-1 is only compatible with Predictive Steering front hubs, which have a 110mm axle spacing and use an oversized aluminum axle sleeve called the torque tube to bolster stiffness by resisting torsional forces. “The torque tube is really what makes this fork able to exist,” said SRAM mountain bike wheel product manager Bastien Donzé."

yep. something about the the configuration of the maxle that increases torsional rigidity of the fork with requiring a fork bridge as is common on USD forks.

if that's the case.. expect a slow uptake.

PS I forgot about the race today.. may bail on the ride.. :blush: :blush:

if that's the case.. expect a slow uptake.

PS I forgot about the race today.. may bail on the ride.. :blush: :blush:

no worries, this heat alone is making me wonder if its a good idea.

please take plenty of pit bits! special request: look out for SChwalbe First Ride tyres, and take close ups of the tread patterns if y'all can.

Sitting in the back of a shuttle and spotted this...

Will pop another post up later with close ups

image.jpg

post-2-0-78544800-1397296396_thumb.jpg

Rad! Hmm, beefy like Bovril!

GOOD MAN, and THANKS! :clap:

keen for those close-ups, but that looks like a magic mary. Far as I can tell, the knob pattern and profiles are the same as the current retail versions. Then the detail must be in what we can't see, aka the compound. But keep it coming!

Almost looks like a mx bike's tyre

"The second piece of the puzzle was the interface between the hub and the lower fork legs. The solution is a proprietary oversized system called Predictive Steering.

While the RS-1 uses the same 15mm Maxle Ultimate introduced last year for the Pike, the hub interface is new and unique. The RS-1 is only compatible with Predictive Steering front hubs, which have a 110mm axle spacing and use an oversized aluminum axle sleeve called the torque tube to bolster stiffness by resisting torsional forces. “The torque tube is really what makes this fork able to exist,” said SRAM mountain bike wheel product manager Bastien Donzé."

If uses a 15mm Maxle then it'll be easy to get adapters to fit Hope, Chris King, etc.

So finally we see a dual prong emulating the single inverted stanchion of the Lefty.

There have been a couple before. The Maverick DUC32 for example.

150m travel fork at 1.6kg (IIRC that includes the hub)