is this a hubber?

Louzy

Alas, not many people (i.e almost nobody) stops at pedestrian crossing in SA, whether you're walking or riding. You could be walking on your hands for all they care. I run along the beach twice daily, and cross to the promenade at the pedestrian crossing right in front of my house, but cars coming from both directions speed along merrily without a care in the world.

Why would anyone stop for a pedestrian?? when I did my driving test i got to the crossing, and the examiner then told me "go, she can wait (the big mamma)" :whistling: .

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is only acceptable to roll through a red light when:

It is 4:30am.

You have stopped.

There are NO cars approaching the intersection.

The pressure plate does not pick you up.

NO exceptions...

this should not even get to be a discussion the law is the law, however stupid or inconvenient, if we choose to break it then we suffer the consequences, I am pretty sure we have all crossed the line sometime for whatever reason, the fact that we are making excuses for breaking the law shows that we know we are in the wrong, now stop throwing stones in glass houses smile and say I am glad that wasn't me that got caught.

Oh, and maybe someone with actual knowledge can weigh in, but I'm ninety percent certain there is no such thing as a "pressure plate" anywhere near a traffic light in SA...

Oh, and maybe someone with actual knowledge can weigh in, but I'm ninety percent certain there is no such thing as a "pressure plate" anywhere near a traffic light in SA...

It's not a pressure plate, it's a coil of wire in the road surface that is hooked up to the traffic lights. A car has enough metal in it to change the inductance in the coil to a degree that the lights control system can detect. Your bike does not.

It's not a pressure plate, it's a coil of wire in the road surface that is hooked up to the traffic lights. A car has enough metal in it to change the inductance in the coil to a degree that the lights control system can detect. Your bike does not.

Yeah, no pressure.

I'm ninety percent certain there is no such thing as a "pressure plate" anywhere near a traffic light in SA...

Yeah, no pressure.

Yes, no "pressure", but still a device unable to be activated by a cyclist. Take a ride down Helgarda Avenue in Hout Bay sometime.

I've learnt something today! I always thought it was just that I was too light :thumbup: but now it seems I have an iron deficiency :thumbdown:

Yes, no "pressure", but still a device unable to be activated by a cyclist.

I am aware with both the bike, and some of the motorbikes.

way back when, when we all rode steel frames, you could lean the bike over and it usually worked. No luck now.

I am aware with both the bike, and some of the motorbikes.

way back when, when we all rode steel frames, you could lean the bike over and it usually worked. No luck now.

No luck whatsoever, especially with lightweight carbon fibre 8kg machines unfortunately. I unashamedly roll over these lights, irrespective of time of day, when there are no vehicles behind me to activate them.

Edited by Brogue

Even on my motorbike it does not even set off the traffic light sometimes. I sit like a fool and then a car comes up in the lane next to me and stops behind the coil. Makes my blood boil

Even on my motorbike it does not even set off the traffic light sometimes. I sit like a fool and then a car comes up in the lane next to me and stops behind the coil. Makes my blood boil

You need a bigger bike Honda Gold Wing, it'll perhaps even clear the robots as you approach, a bit like Moses and the Red Sea? ;) :D