PMB World Cup: Found in the pits - Schwalbe Dual Chamber

Claudio

The revolutionary dual chamber system revealed by Schwalbe not too long ago was spotted in the Pietermaritzburg pits. There were a few riders on them for the DH and we could be seeing them more and more throughout the year.

Click here to view the article

Would love to know what the cross section looks like through those rims & tyres.

there's precedent in the MX world. I wouldn't be surprised if the MTB version is a clone thereof, with slight changes to accomodate for the field of application. Check out Neutech tubliss

there's precedent in the MX world. I wouldn't be surprised if the MTB version is a clone thereof, with slight changes to accomodate for the field of application. Check out Neutech tubliss

I see that they use a tube inside, it's effectively running a tube inside the actual tubeless tyre. I would love to know what the high pressure tubes would be made from.

Would this application be better suited for a particular type of riding, ie enduro or DH?

I see that they use a tube inside, it's effectively running a tube inside the actual tubeless tyre. I would love to know what the high pressure tubes would be made from.

Would this application be better suited for a particular type of riding, ie enduro or DH?

Any riding that involves reliability while hitting the gnar at speed. the aim of the system is to provide ridiculous amounts of grip while minimizing the typical problems associated with lower tyre pressure to achieve more grip. Pretty much discounts XC of all flavas because this will not be for the weight weenies.

So yes, DH and Enduro automatically qualify as suitable applications. Will be interesting to hear A Neethlings experiences with the system

Edited by Capricorn

i'm guessing if you want to screw your buddy over, you let some air out the one and swap the red and black valve caps around while he's not looking.

he he

well, answer this : even with just one valve, did you detect any perceptible wobble or imbalance on any of your past and current bikes, with or without a valve cap?

That's a resounding yes... gets quite wild the faster the wheel spins

That's a resounding yes... gets quite wild the faster the wheel spins

lol. rubbish. unless you are seriously hormonal, it can't be felt while riding. like practically impossible. I would love to stick a pea under a mile high mattress and then see how you sleep on it all.

tsk tsk.. such a fine princess...