Single speed build project: The frame part 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome fred

Out of interest...what steel tubing is the momsen made from?

I am a sucker for a good retro singlespeed.

Awesome fred

Out of interest...what steel tubing is the momsen made from?

I am a sucker for a good retro singlespeed.

From Reynolds' site

http://reynoldstechnology.biz/our_materials_525.php

COLD-WORKED CHROME-MOLY STEEL

With similar properties to our original 531 brand alloy. For cycling, these are mandrel butted for accurate profiles, and available in a wide range of shapes. Weight savings from butting provide competitively priced, light framesets. The Reynolds "520" range uses the same alloy, made under license for us in Taiwan and subject to the same quality standards.

Reynolds 525 range can be used for sports car chassis, suspension units, motorcycle race frames etc. in welded and fillet-brazed structures.

Why it works:

UTS: 700-900 MPa, density 7.78gm/cc

The same 0.30% carbon steel chemistry as our 725 range but without the heat-treatment process. The strength and ductility can be varied by cold-working and normalizing if required.

Very nice! Anton has just done my road bike frame and did a fantastic job. Your frame is in good hands.

From Reynolds' site

http://reynoldstechn...terials_525.php

COLD-WORKED CHROME-MOLY STEEL

With similar properties to our original 531 brand alloy. For cycling, these are mandrel butted for accurate profiles, and available in a wide range of shapes. Weight savings from butting provide competitively priced, light framesets. The Reynolds "520" range uses the same alloy, made under license for us in Taiwan and subject to the same quality standards.

Reynolds 525 range can be used for sports car chassis, suspension units, motorcycle race frames etc. in welded and fillet-brazed structures.

Why it works:

UTS: 700-900 MPa, density 7.78gm/cc

The same 0.30% carbon steel chemistry as our 725 range but without the heat-treatment process. The strength and ductility can be varied by cold-working and normalizing if required.

Schweeeet. Very cool.

Reynold or OX Platinum....really the best.

The Vespa colour you were originally after - it's called Baccarat.

A pic of my 2003 ET4

Very similar to Bianchi's classic CK colour.

post-39984-0-24701700-1397731006_thumb.png

cool, whats happening with the fork and the lack of front brake......?

Fork should be here today or tomorrow. Then it will go off to BogusOne for a lick of paint.

• 2 weeks later...

can you elaborate on what fork you've chosen?

this is starting to go slower than my build........where the pics at??

I've bought a Rapide Pitchfork. Very happy. It's with BogusOne at the moment for a lick of paint. Then...we cab FINALLY start building.

• 3 weeks later...

Right. Sheesh. Seems the fewer the gears, the longer the build! Frame and fork has been delivered, working on the next installment and should have it all build up and ready to ride in a week(-ish).

BogusOne has done a killer job on the paint job. Couldn't be happier with his creative input as well as how nice it's come out.