Cairns World Cup #2

Stretch

ok claudio's preview was much better...looks slippery now and his cam gave a much better perspective of the steepness

as for the the brown eye at the top :blink:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok claudio's preview was much better...looks slippery now and his cam gave a much better perspective of the steepness

as for the the brown eye at the top :blink:

Ozzy ozzy ozzy......

Nuff said.

Those rocks and roots look pretty gnarly as well. Looked nice and tacky too.

Don't see Nino's name in the lineup for the elite XCO..............

Cross country mountain bike world champ gets green light from UCI to race road

After winning three cross country world championships and three World Cup titles in only five years, Nino Schurter (Scott Odlo) is temporarily looking for a new challenge in 2014. The Swiss mountain bike star will race part-time on the road for Orica-GreenEdge and will compete in both the Tour de Romandie and the Tour de Suisse.

Schurter will team up with Orica GreenEdge because the squad is also sponsored by Scott, which backs his mountain bike team. He got the idea to do the road races awhile ago, but he had to wait for approval from both the UCI and Swiss Cycling, which he eventually got.

"To do the Tour de Suisse once in my life has always been my dream," said Schurter. "My heart is in mountain biking and will remain there. But if I ever wanted to ride a big stage race on the road, the 2014 season offers the perfect slot for it.

"To defend my world championship title is still going to be my main goal for 2014, and furthermore I will 100% concentrate on mountain biking to hopefully add a missing Olympic [gold] medal to my collection. I believe that on my way there, I can gain a lot of knowledge and experience from racing on the road with Orica-GreenEdge this year."

Edited by Stretch

Ya he is skipping cos he is riding Tour de Romandie (Yes, Road :thumbdown: ) with Greenedge. Bit of a pity as it means no nice tail whips. :ph34r:

Damn too Slow :whistling: Need to train more

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/4d/4d01b52c988b8f91e2792defecf6306ea5916359534d6865f3fe4065c41a9661.jpg

Ya he is skipping cos he is riding Tour de Romandie (Yes, Road :thumbdown: ) with Greenedge. Bit of a pity as it means no nice tail whips. :ph34r:

Says who?

hahahaha

Cairns is cool - but it is also getting torn a new one by the keyboard jockeys.

Its similar to here with flow rather than tons of tech.

There are 2 short uphill sections so the UCI told me - but you come into them so fast that you just roll through it

I think its pretty cool

Will be interesting to see what the teams think of the logistics behind the event as their shuttle is by 4x4 with trailers (similar to us) but if it rains it is very difficult to get up the hill on the uplift.

There is a gondola near there but they cant use it as it doesnt stop in the correct spots ...

So i think it will be an interesting round

Wow, Nige-That brings back some memories bud... (some 18 years ago at Worlds!!) If it RAINS in Cairns that course becomes a 'slip-n-slide.... Hence it almost rhymes!!!

Edited by Joe Fish

Slip n slide is the word for sure! ... that mud is similar clay to PMB - so its just a grease-fest ... with 80% humidity! ... NICE