Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, Hermanus Group Ride

vdLRSA

Hi,

I will be at our holiday home in Hermanus from Friday 25th - Monday 28th April for the long weekend.

I would love to do the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley Black route with some company.

Don't intend to race it as fast as possible but also not stop every 10 minutes.

So if you are keen let me know! :)

Pieter

I did this route last Saturday alone, it was a fantastic ride, my only complaint was when I got to the big dam (bridge on the left) there was no marker ahowing me to go right, I waited for some other riders to come past.

A fantastic route through private farms

I took my time and did it in 3:15

Edited by udxcob

Hi there. I live in Hermies. Would love to do the black route. Have not done it beginning to end. Let me know when you plan to ride. Am very flexible.

Great! Just need to make sure what time I need to drop someone off at the airport and then I will PM you.

Would love it if we could get a couple more people. :D

ive ridden it a few times now. the only place id say you could go wrong is when you cross over the dam and have to ride up a steep concrete climb. i don't remember ever seeing signs at the the top. you come out eventually opposite the entrance to the main road but theres no signage. don't go on the road.. just turn right to keep going up. the single track at the beginning is really good, the new stuff is great.

Ur right Leona.

There's no signage there, will contact the trail builder and get them to put one up.