Swadini Resort

The MTBer

We will be visiting Swadini Resort next week, it will be the first time that we will be visiting that part of Mpumalanga.

I was just wondering what I should be taking with me. I don't want to drive 50km just to get to a track

XC MTB VS Downhill MTB VS Running shoes?

I was there last year. No real mtb routes as far as I know. Only a shortish climb to a vantage point and tar roads.

Running shoes if anything!!

Been there a couple of times and there is no MTB riding place - unless you like taking your MTB on the tar rode (which have no real shoulder & not very wide).

Hi there, if you are willing to drive a bit you can park at a small town about 20kms away and then ride up Mariepskop - this is a stunning endless climb thru nature reserve that goes up for about 25kms and takes you right back up the escarpment, the last section is so steep they had to concrete it but the views are stunning. Pro Elite rider Samantha S

anders lives in the area and could give you more details as well, pm me and I'll put you in touch.

I have been to Swadini and if I go again I will only take the running shoes. There are some hiking trails that you can run. A nice morning run to the dam is great as well. I have done the mariepskop ride and is is good but youwill just have to cycle on tar or get someone to drop you of. You can do a 60km out and back

Thanks, the Running shoes and Unicycle it is, for the week. Nothing for downhill, I mean it is a canyon...?