Schwalbe Racing Ralph

The MTBer

I am using Racing ralphs front and back for training and Maxxis Crossmark LUST for racing, the Crossmark is a much faster tyre especialy on harder terrain, whereas the Racing ralph seems more grippy on the loose stuff.

And yes TAR eats up Racing ralphs.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R1500km on Maxxis Crossmark and not a single flat. Its going to take a mirracle tyre for me to change over brands.

Het die hele 2014 Epic met n stel Racing Ralph Snake skins gery geen pap wiel of enige snye of iets .Dis Super tyres sal nooit weer iets anders ry nie

• 1 year later...

My son got a new Giant xtc for Christmas this past December. It came with 29 racing Ralph tyres. We decided to do a tubeless conversion on it...it went pretty smoothly. Struggled a bit with airing up but managed...we noticed however that both the tyres are leaking through the sidewall where the wall meets the tread...these tyres are brand new and surely shouldn't be leaking? Thinking of taking it up with the retailer? Anybody else had similar issues?

My son got a new Giant xtc for Christmas this past December. It came with 29 racing Ralph tyres. We decided to do a tubeless conversion on it...it went pretty smoothly. Struggled a bit with airing up but managed...we noticed however that both the tyres are leaking through the sidewall where the wall meets the tread...these tyres are brand new and surely shouldn't be leaking? Thinking of taking it up with the retailer? Anybody else had similar issues?

If they don't say TL Ready on them somewhere they weren't really designed to run tubeless. Not really a problem though - the sealant will eventually make the sidewall airtight and bobs your uncle. Most brands dont offer tubeless/ust tyres on new bikes because they're heavier and more expensive....