[News] Another Gomez-Brownlee party or will Murray take the spoils

News bot

Richard is one of the fastest runners in the group.

He will know the course better than anyone and has one against Gomez once before.

If he can come off the bike in the front pack - he will stand a very good chance to take it as he knows that he can run with the best.

My guess his game plan would be to try and stay with the lead pack on the swim but if there is a split and he gets caught behind, he will have to get the rest of the pack to drive the chase while he tries to save his legs as much as possible for the run.

He has miles of hart - and home field support. If he doesn't have to close a gap on the run - he has my vote for pulling out the K.D. factor and brining the hurt. Don't know if he has enough toe to close down the gap and take on the best in the business - he`s talented, but so is his competition!

Go Richard, GO! Time to kick it up a gear and go to that deep dark place that smells like burnt tar - that place that no-one else is willing to go - BRING THE NOISE!

Edited by Vinnydabutcher

If they shorten the swim course to 750 m due to the cold water, it is his to lose. His weakness is that he cant stay with Gomes & Brownlee in the swim and has to work too hard on the bike. With a shorter swim he can hopefully keep in touch then hang on to the bike pack and make it on the run. My money is on our homeboy RM, but also look out for Henri Schoeman, he has a seriously fast swim and an excellent bike.

And Schoeman's running is getting better and better now that his injuries are over and he is training full time with Gomez. It has to rub off on him. If Richard can improve his swim he has a chance but the reality is that that you need to be great not just good at all three disciplines to beat Gomez and the Brownlees, Nobody outside these three won a race last year.

If they shorten the swim it will work against Henry and for RM.

Any day, any race, anywhere - anything can happen.

Will be good fun to watch - hope the Saffa boys can rub it!