cyclelab running reds!

Tayyib

Riding passed waterfall estate on my way up to the kyalami gates I got passed by a group of maybe 20 cyclelab riders,on reaching the 1st robot all the leaders went straight through taking the whole group with them.I asked (made a statement) one of the last guys 'you guys are going straight through a red robot'!? I got a blank stare back.

Cannot believe how blatant this is!

With all the effort going on for cyclists rights and to be noticed and respected on the roads its frustrating seeing this done out in the open with no care and in club kit! Senior members of the club should be addressing this!

Sorry to those sick of hearing the same thing but had to say something.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cycle Lab? They don't ride that route! Are you sure it wasn't a group of 20 cyclists and you just assumed it was Cycle Lab? A lot of people do...

I dunno why this upsets people so much.

If Im going through a GREEN light in my car and I hit cyclists jumping a RED..... Sorry pal, rules are rules... RED means stop, therefore your pain or early meeting with your creator is your own fault.

Unfortunately, as harsh as that sounds, its the truth of the matter.

They are playing russian roulette but on a bicycle, no sympathy from me.

If Im going through a GREEN light in my car and I hit cyclists jumping a RED..... Sorry pal, rules are rules... RED means stop, therefore your pain or early meeting with your creator is your own fault.

Agreed Chukker

A flippant response.

Trust me, if you drive over a cyclist who jumped a red and let's say you killed him, you will have that with you for the rest of your life. The chop jumps a light and through no fault of yours, you cause the death of another human being. You'll never, ever be the same again.

Not to mention the other lives that will be ruined from that cyclist's, namely his wife and kids waiting at home for daddy to join them for breakfast.

A flippant response.

Trust me, if you drive over a cyclist who jumped a red and let's say you killed him, you will have that with you for the rest of your life. The chop jumps a light and through no fault of yours, you cause the death of another human being. You'll never, ever be the same again.

Not to mention the other lives that will be ruined from that cyclist's, namely his wife and kids waiting at home for daddy to join them for breakfast.

The idiot should be thinking about that before skipping said RED LIGHT!!

A flippant response.

You dont know me, I will be the same again.

If he is a daddy and a hubby he should act responsibly and not risk his life.

end of story

The idiot should be thinking about that before skipping said RED LIGHT!!

Yes, that is exactly the point I'm making.

But also the point that we shouldn't be so flippant when someone does something like that. Be very careful of saying "oh well, I'll just drive over him, sorry pal". The real world doesn't work like that. The chop's actions will have massive personal consequences for the poor guy who runs into him.

Why do people insist on defending those that regularly put our sport in a bad light, i commute to the mtb trail on the road in some parts. I dont want to die on the way there. I pass a very well known area for cyclists to meet on weekend mornings and some of them blatantly cross the red light right passed us who stopped there?? I mean really, is it that hard for you to stop for 2 min while the light changes, or are your buddies gonna laugh at you for stopping? Even if you live chances are your pride and joy, very expensive piece of equipment will be buggered.

But also the point that we shouldn't be so flippant when someone does something like that. Be very careful of saying "oh well, I'll just drive over him, sorry pal". The real world doesn't work like that. The chop's actions will have massive personal consequences for the poor guy who runs into him.

I see your point now, my previous comment is not aimed at you.

I'm with tombeej on this one, maybe you will not be effected by killing someone but I personally think most people would and wouldn't actually know how it would effect them until it happened! Just a personal view on it! I see jumping red robots as a very selfish act and that you are putting more then yourself at risk when doing it

If im oberying the rules of the road, I dont have to feel bad for someone who does not and in turn gets injured or killed due to his own actions. It is self inflicted.

If I can stop in time Ill probably give him some choice words. If I cant stop, its his problem if he jumped the light.

I do not risk my life be it on my bicycle or motorbike.

You are responsible for your own actions.

Guest Travis.

You are under analysing what Chukky said. It's not like he is gonna accelerate to hit the oke. Obviously he'll try to stop. But he won't lose sleep if the guy didn't pbey the rules and he did.