So although the UCI is ok with the use of Helmet cams during events - CSA is not - and we fall under CSA regulation at all of our events (except the World Cup or World Champs).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if those are the race rules it's our choice to participate or not.

If you want kickass footage, use your helmet cam/chesty at your own time.

I did however see at the UCI race the past weekend that a lot of the riders used helmet cams. maybe the UCI will relax their rules on the helmet/chesty.

The UCI rules are different to that of CSA's and we have to abide by CSA regulations - the use of Go Pro cameras during world cup DH finals has had a slight shift for 2014 as the UCI and Red Bull are looking at implimenting LIVE ONBOARD camera shots during racing on specific pilots (similar to what they do in Supercross) for live broadcast.

The riders are selected and given an option to wear the device on their helmet during their race run - they are not obligated to do it and it is up to them. The device is then installed by a Go Pro representative and removed by one at the finish - this footage goes to Red Bull and the UCI and only after production is offered to the riders sponsors.

Should make for cool footage at races - but this is all at the discretion of the UCI

This is borderline cynical, but wouldn't the chances of falling on a rock or any other protruding object (especially on a mtb trail) be just as fatal? So... don't record living life, you might break something OR record and show off to friends :D

yes you run that risk every time you are on the bike.

But I can understand the race people as well. Would you like to have that dark cloud over your race? The cloud that a rider died on your race?

I can also understand that if you want to take the risk to get footage, it is on your own responsibility, and should you kill yourself, your family should just upload the file to youtube so we can all be amazed at the way you took yourself out...

yes you run that risk every time you are on the bike.

But I can understand the race people as well. Would you like to have that dark cloud over your race? The cloud that a rider died on your race?

I can also understand that if you want to take the risk to get footage, it is on your own responsibility, and should you kill yourself, your family should just upload the file to youtube so we can all be amazed at the way you took yourself out...

:clap: :clap: :clap: Seriaaas !!! Please if you can't get around to the MX track or go and watch an Enduro check out Two Wheels on the tube . We put the Pro everywhere !

:clap: :clap: :clap: Seriaaas !!! Please if you can't get around to the MX track or go and watch an Enduro check out Two Wheels on the tube . We put the Pro everywhere !

Sorry lets call it my sense of dry humour.

Read this for a bit of fun:

https://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom/posts/10102388812971511?stream_ref=10

And a bit to lazy to read all this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/investigators-thinkl-schumacher-sking-accident-made-worse-helmet-camera-report-article-1.1616224