A mate of mines bike was stolen please keep a look out!!

See below mail from him!

Can you please put the word out. I had a high end mtb that was stolen on Saturday (see details below) and I’m desperately trying to get it back. It’s a very unique bike and you won’t find many of them.

Please can you help by forwarding to everyone you know. On Saturday 26th April someone stole my mtb off the back of a Thule bike rack that it was locked on to. It happened in the mall in Glena Marais shopping centre where Finish Line Cycles is and security miraculously never saw anything despite being less than 20 meters away.

The bike is a Scott Scale SL 900. The entire bike is matt black with an XX1 groupset, Rockshox fork, carbon Syncross wheels and finishing kit. Non standard items are black ESI grips and Geax Sagaro tubeless tyres. It has a small white tipex marking on the seat pin where it goes into the frame and also on the saddle rails from when the bike was fitted for me. There are small scratches on the inside of the rear triangle caused by a piece of wire that got stuck in the wheel a while ago.

Bike is a medium and 2013 model in excellent nick. Please look out for it cos it's very rare and worth about R80k and I’m not insured. Happy to pay a reward.

Richard

post-44171-0-13016800-1398840131_thumb.jpg

Eina!!! That's a sick looking bike

Not Insured.... Really

Sorry for your loss! Hope you get it back. A none insured bike on a bike rack, was not the smartest idea.

not insured EISH, pay R80k for a bike and u dont insure it :eek: cant be because he couldnt afford to,

sorry man

Beautiful bike!!!! Really sorry about the loss.

Anything I own above a value of R2500 goes on the insurance as a specified item, but I also learnt this the hard way. Not R80k hard fortunately.

The security never seems to see anything. Here at my workplace the car guards (sometimes drunk) seem to never see break-ins into vehicles. It happened like 5 times this year already.

out of interest would this be jail time in RSA or the usual slap on the wrist?

personally i hope to god the oke rots.

i got scammed out of my S4 2 weeks ago. just shows that karma will come and kick these okes in the arse! - i just hope the punishment is swift and harsh!

great news ....

Please can you ensure that your mate has that Black beauty insured !!!

this time was a happy ending lets not tempt fate !

Just spoke to richard, bike was recovered last night and it is with the police. the guy was arrested!! :thumbup:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guest EdEdEd

i got hold of Richard.

they nailed the guy last night and have recovered the bike!

:clap:

Hub justice!