Cradle MTB route details

W1Z@RD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. Anybody ridden the route recently. Thinking of riding it again a bit later this week whilst out in that area...

Rode on Saturday.

Great condition.

• 2 weeks later...

How much of the cradle loop now has mtb track next to it?

From Kloofzicht ( or to be precise, 100m or before, coming from Something Country) to the circle before the Rhino/Lion park, to Beyers.... The rest road shoulder mostly .... What's there is good though... ESPECIALLY from Kloofzicht to the circle

• 8 months later...

No comments on this topic for about 9 months now so was wandering if anything has changed? I'd like to combine the cradle loop with Avianto.

Can I start at Avianto, or would that result me in doing the Cradle loop from the wrong direction?

Any idea on full distance doing the full Avianto blue route (both sides of the R114 and then the Cradle loop and back?

Thanks

If you do the avianto side of the blue route, and then after crossing the main road, instead of jumping back onto the blue route, carry on riding on the left of the R114 until you reach Kloofzicht. At Kloofzicht, turn left on the cradle trail. That way you'll be going the right way around.

Once you've done the full cradle loop, swing a left at the Kloofzicht circle and go do the other side of avianto blue.

You're gonna do decent distance. Definitely more than 50km.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

No comments on this topic for about 9 months now so was wandering if anything has changed? I'd like to combine the cradle loop with Avianto.

Can I start at Avianto, or would that result me in doing the Cradle loop from the wrong direction?

Any idea on full distance doing the full Avianto blue route (both sides of the R114 and then the Cradle loop and back?

Thanks

Done it a couple of times. Avianto plus cradle route will give ~60km. I usually ride in from home on quarry road and then back on track on the side of Beyers. That gets me to 100 odd.

This weekend I noticed more and more people doing this route in the wrong direction.

We need to help stop this, a big accident is coming soon.....

Was a bit shocked that I was told to F OFF, buy a guy who had his wive/fiance/girlfriend/sister in tow when I (and I promise it was) politely told him that he must just be careful of guys coming from the correct direction. Whats happening to this world, roadies being friendly, MTBers being angry....

He wasnt wearing sleeves, just saying.

This weekend I noticed more and more people doing this route in the wrong direction.

We need to help stop this, a big accident is coming soon.....

Was a bit shocked that I was told to F OFF, buy a guy who had his wive/fiance/girlfriend/sister in tow when I (and I promise it was) politely told him that he must just be careful of guys coming from the correct direction. Whats happening to this world, roadies being friendly, MTBers being angry....

He wasnt wearing sleeves, just saying.

For someone who has never ridden there...which direction is the correct one?  (We normally start at the Valverde Hotel)

For someone who has never ridden there...which direction is the correct one?  (We normally start at the Valverde Hotel)

So if you start at Valverde, and you turn right going out of Velverde, that is the wrong direction. Turn left out of Valverde, ride down Beyers till you can turn right towards Kloofzicht by the sattelite dishes, just after Bidon Bistro the track starts on the right hand side of the road...

The track ends at the big circle on Beyers, it doesnt start there. So effectively it runs up past the Lion park, not down past it, clockwise. Lots of little "No Entry" signs to help.