SuperR

Hi guys.

Proud to announce that I am new to the forum, and that I have committed myself to one crazy idea: I want to ride the Momentum 94.7 on a single speed bike.

I decided this after I recently bought a SS project bike, weighing in at only a few kilo's. Rides like a dream, and even wheelies spontaneously.

So I decided that the 94.7 is a challenge I set myself, and that I would like to do those tough km's for myself, and a charity.

I need some advice on this topic though - if any of you guys have done it before, or know of people who will be riding fixed gear or single speeds in 2014 Momentum 94.7 - please share your thoughts.

Any charities that need some extra support are also welcome to be presented here so that I can consider them!

Thank you in advance,

Gus

Edited by SuperGus

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Furbz,

Rest assured - it is single speed. I now know the difference between the two!

Edited by SuperGus

Singlespeed shouldn't be too hard, ride a 42-15 or 42-16 and it should be a walk in the park

Since you are doing it too, I guess I'm not the only one with these stupid ideas. It is for a good cause though.

Will check out the ratio of my SS once I get back home.

Did the 94.7 in 2012 on a SS with a couple of mates in a charity bunch.

See loads of guys are doing it , even Sani and Joburg to sea .

94.7 will be fine

I think the Choc boys have it tough in the Cow suite and they often do a second lap

Edited by Clinton H

Ive dont it, MTB SS. Did just over 4 hours i think. Doing it again this year. Also have Dusi2c SS this year.

I am also toying with the idea of riding my SS this year. Not really a fan of tar roads, but the 94.7 is a good enough excuse.