Winter Jacket

Rotiringer

Anyone got advice on a good jacket to keep the cold JHB weather out in the mornings? I've seen the Jet stream from Cape storm and the Magneeto from FAscent. The Magneeto seems to have a potentially gimmicky removable sleeves - anyone have experience with these?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get fleece lined something

A wind breaker fabric can be an added layer

Agree, fleece lined is the way to go. Base layer is just as important

Like fleece with a wind proof outer layer as one jacket or a separate wind proof jacket completely.

Edited by Rotiringer

Not sure how flexible you are timewise but easiest solution is to start riding a little later.

Sure it is cold on the highveld first thing but come 8am you'll have perfect riding weather again

I bought the Magneto. It's not a winter jacket - more like a rain jacket (but you'll still get wet in a long ride in proper rain). And, as you suspect (Rotiringer), it's a bit gimmicky. Without the sleeves, it's not a bad gilet for MTB.

I bought the Magneto. It's not a winter jacket - more like a rain jacket (but you'll still get wet in a long ride in proper rain). And, as you suspect (Rotiringer), it's a bit gimmicky. Without the sleeves, it's not a bad gilet for MTB.

Agreed! Also have one and I use it for late afternoon rides in winter and rainy overcast days in summer. Breaks the wind a bit but definitely not a solid winter jacket

Rotiringer:

I believe in Layering, so here's some options:

All available at www.sportsworld.co.za

Hope this helps!

sales@sportsworld.co.za

post-42483-0-66886000-1399139880_thumb.jpg

post-42483-0-92056200-1399139882_thumb.jpg

post-42483-0-15307600-1399139915_thumb.jpg

post-42483-0-92328700-1399139921_thumb.jpg

post-42483-0-78105500-1399139933_thumb.jpg

post-42483-0-28133700-1399139978_thumb.jpg

post-42483-0-27303300-1399140116_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sportsworld.co.za

Rotiringer:

I believe in Layering, so here's some options:

All available at www.sportsworld.co.za

Hope this helps!

sales@sportsworld.co.za

great quality products from these guys

can not go wrong

Why not just consider a softshell jacket from Cape Union Mart, Cape Storm or First Ascent. They are made in varying thicknesses.

I agree 100% nolipoli.

Here's what the UK manufacturer has to say about the Winter Weight L/Sleeve Race Jersey we're selling:

"This high performance breathable, long sleeved, winter weight race jersey has been technically designed for serious cyclists. Manufactured from a high-wicking, warm and technically advanced fabric to take moisture from the body and out through the fabric, whilst keeping the wearer both dry and warm.

Incorporating a rubber waist gripper, to prevent garment ride-up and elasticated sleeve cuffs. Three elasticated rear pockets, including a smaller, mobile phone holding pocket. High strength, full length, 2-way Vislon zip."