For all TACX Bushido, Fortius owners etc

walkerr

I've been reading a lot about how Tacx will 'soon' be opening up their firmware to be standard Ant+ meaning that at last, our hardware can do the same as you can with KICKR i.e. get proper resistance control from 3rd party apps like Trainer Road.

It's annoyed the heck out of me since day one - the physical IDT can do it, but the close Tacx software won't.

I've had a couple of cracks a Tacx to realise they need to open up before KICKR and others take their market away. Really don't want to buy another IDT when a software change is all that stops the one I have from working how I want.

if you also have a Tacx and this annoys you - feel free to jump on!

http://forum.tacx.co...=155712#p155712

Edited by walkerr

This was my forum post, in case the Tacx moderator takes it down:

Wondering how long I'll wait for TACX to wake up and smell the coffee and get us an open ANT+ resistance control firmware update.

My Bushido is pretty much all I need in terms of hardware in an IDT, but the inability to use it properly with modern tools such as TrainerRoad belies TACX total misunderstanding of the current marketplace.

If they open up and come out with this soon, I'll stay a happy TACX customer. If not, I can see a KICKR becoming my next IDT of choice.

Feels to me like how Apple (and Google) stole such huge chunks of market from Microsoft - TACX can't afford to sit complacently believing they are the big name in IDTs and that will last forever.

Come on guys - get us an open Ant+ version and profiles for our Tacx IDTs that leading innovative companies like TrainerRoad can use to control our hardware and allow it to do what it's capable of. Stop messing around with TTS and realise that an open software platform is the new future. We are your loyal customers, but we wont stay that way for long if you don't hear what we need.

• 4 months later...

For those that use the iPad App - Whatever you do, DON'T download the new version 2. It does not work properly at all.

I know Tacx has had software issues in the past, but I've used the verison 1 App without any issue. Verison 2 is useless. Their forum has people all experiencing the same issues. Keep to version 1, and if anyone knows how I can go back to verison 1, please PM me. (No, I don't have it in a backup that I can restore.)

• 5 years later...

Hello , I've recently bought Tacx Bushido T1081 , old IDT .

i am completely new in the game of IDT and was wondering if anyone can assist me with an advise if i will be able to use this trainer with Tacx training App. 

I've read somewhere that i need to buy Taxc ANT+ dongle to be able to establish a communication between trainer and tablet, cell phone or PC. Cycle Lab is selling one for R 850 but they are not sure if Bushido old model will work with Tacx App. Appreciate any help i can get 

Hello , I've recently bought Tacx Bushido T1081 , old IDT .

i am completely new in the game of IDT and was wondering if anyone can assist me with an advise if i will be able to use this trainer with Tacx training App. 

I've read somewhere that i need to buy Taxc ANT+ dongle to be able to establish a communication between trainer and tablet, cell phone or PC. Cycle Lab is selling one for R 850 but they are not sure if Bushido old model will work with Tacx App. Appreciate any help i can get 

Have you tried this link?: https://tacx.com/compatible-software-tacx-smart-trainers/

you don't need the Tacx ANT+ dongle, you can use any ANT+ dongle including Garmin.

The TACX unit might give a more reliable connection since the cord allows you to optimally position it.

Have you tried this link?: https://tacx.com/compatible-software-tacx-smart-trainers/

you don't need the Tacx ANT+ dongle, you can use any ANT+ dongle including Garmin.

The TACX unit might give a more reliable connection since the cord allows you to optimally position it.

DieselnDust... thanks for you prompt replay. I have seen that link before but could not figure it out what additional hardware i need with my old Bushido IDT. Are you saying i can even use Zwift with just getting ANT+ or do i need to buy a speed candance sensor 

DieselnDust... thanks for you prompt replay. I have seen that link before but could not figure it out what additional hardware i need with my old Bushido IDT. Are you saying i can even use Zwift with just getting ANT+ or do i need to buy a speed candance sensor 

No need for extra sensors. i use my BISHIDO without sensors. just ant+

No need for extra sensors. i use my BISHIDO without sensors. just ant+

thanks Jiggs, great news....

Just to confirm. My Bushido is t1981, old model. It comes with a " front handle bar mounted screen".

I know that Tacx have done an upgrade later on ( before they launched Bushido smart model). Is yours also t1981?

An update, I bought today Wahoo ANT + stick with an extension USB cord.

I am trying to detect my trainer using Tacx training App as well as Tacx utilities App without any success.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

My trainer is Bushido T1981 , very old model but with ANT+ build in.

There are some posts on the net that the current Apps are not supporting this model and that I can only connect using Tacx training software, which is discontinued.

Any help is appreciated