Trucape MTB 50km

Aaron_B

It is the family next door that I had to adopt and care for .....

at least you had a door we didn't even have a next

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at least you had a door we didn't even have a next
I built the door myself from matchsticks picked up in the streets and used the glue that I got from street kids, in return I worked in restaurant kitchen s washing dishes in order to get money to put them through school and university

Anybody have a useful profile for this event? PPA's profile is illegible.

Edited by Wieletjies

I built the door myself from matchsticks picked up in the streets and used the glue that I got from street kids, in return I worked in restaurant kitchen s washing dishes in order to get money to put them through school and university

You tell that to the kids of today and they won't believe ya...

Anybody have a useful profile for this event? PPA's profile is illegible.
all you need to know is that you must bring your climbing legs and your big boy pants as this is a proper mtb ride and not some dirt roadie gravel trek dressed up as a mountain bike ride.

In other words it is awesome.

Weather was perfect and the ground was dry in Grabouw today.

Pity my rim gave in and my tyre wouldn't seal. Had a nice 10km trail run back to the car ????

Ok, I take it back. Just started raining and most the 50km riders are still busy...

I would have loved to finish this race but got misdirected by 3 marshals and chain snapped twice.

At least I know my ghetto dropper post works like a charm.

My first time doing the 50km and must say it was a tough event,that rock garden was tech but must say I enjoyed the sufferfest

My first time doing the 50km and must say it was a tough event,that rock garden was tech but must say I enjoyed the sufferfest

What a lekker ride, a few pools of water here and there, ground a bit wet but not saturated...

Loved that technical single track at the end...

Good job by the organizers to split the routes at the end - 50km guys got to do nice single track, while I believe the 25km guys finished on jeep track.

Edited by MariusL

prefer the route of previous years as the ST were more flowing... having said that the route today was still awesome! a proper MTB race

really shmaaaak riding in this area, il be back next year again!

kudos organizers :thumbup:

53km of awesomeness! A mother of a climb to warm up and stretch the field and tecci single track to die for. The rain was a no-issue really. Just that one puddle that was as deep as a lake... Never pedaled through water right up to the top tube!!!!

Sorry Rydogg that the bomb didn't do it...

The 50km was awesome! Glad they put the hectic climb first. Not sure I would have appreciated it as a late surprise. Rocky single track must've tested some. Best thing of the ride: the way my new onza ibex/canis gripped the loamy ST!

That was brilliant - stayed on my little 26" for the whole way through that rock garden - superb route.

Took me the first 27km to get my energy levels back as I started feeling really poorly in the beginning - never felt that before and nearly turned back as I though I may have been coming down with something.

After taking a gu I seemed to come back to life.

Anyone know what the actual climb was

My Garmin said the ascent was 1324.

It was my first tru cape although I have trained there a lot. It is one of my favourite places to ride I think they picked out a great route.