Kickstarter fixie bike

lukeram

Hi guys

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, I figure it's kinda tech q&a, if not can a moderator move it to the right thread?

Not sure if you guys watch kickstarter , but this bike piqued my attention and wanted to know what everyone thought?

terrible. ugly.

but seriously, all this talk of safety, but you have a fixed gear with flat pedals and no brakes, how dangerous is that, you need straps on those pedals at least to control the pedals to slow down.

The old school cyclist in me really wanted to hate it, but I think its pretty cool. Would much rather see thousands of those on the roads than thousands of cars.

Fair play rock, but I did like the connected concept :)

Javadude also agree - I wanted to hate it but am becoming strangely attracted...

It's a FIXIE!! Purest form of cycling!

Awesome bike in my opinion, but I agree with @rock, running fixed gear without brakes is fine, but no foot retention is a bit stupid. Either pedal straps or cleats!

They should start a kickstarter to employ a bike/ frame designer...

It's so ugly I wouldn't carry it on my shoulder wearing my khakis and plaid shirt, nevermind ride it wearing my khakis and plaid shirt... Maybe if a grew a beard, no one would recognize me... Wait... ... ...

It's a FIXIE!! Purest form of cycling!

Awesome bike in my opinion, but I agree with @rock, running fixed gear without brakes is fine, but no foot retention is a bit stupid. Either pedal straps or cleats!

I've never ridden a fixie bicycle, but riding my Uni you learn how to control your feet on the pedals. I would imagine that you can ride it safely enough without having any foot retention. Having said that though I would like to have some brakes on a bike whether it was a fixie or standard SS.

• 3 years later...

Holy necro thread!!!! 

I recognized this from a few years back and checked the OP's date, 11 May 2014.

Anyhow, still don't like the bike. It's ugly, set up poorly and don't think that you need further distractions whilst riding, especially not when you're looking at your bars trying to figure out when to turn.