sluiper

Ai, didn't think I'd be back posting about this event so soon.

Saw the following tweet and got out the credit card:post-32108-0-47512600-1399912923_thumb.jpg

Crazy that the event sells out so quickly. Definitely room for another event in SA somewhere.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did the tweet say?

Edit: Ok, took some time to load...

Edited by Snytjie

Crazy that the event sells out so quickly. Definitely room for another event in SA somewhere.

I got flamed for saying that on their other race.

Ai, didn't think I'd be back posting about this event so soon.

Saw the following tweet and got out the credit card:post-32108-0-47512600-1399912923_thumb.jpg

5150 maybe? then the GP's don't have to travel so far.

Its amazing how their FOMO marketing strategy works. If 3500 athletes all enter in May already then the R6m investment will earn some lekker interest.

Wonder how long it will be before they start doing the same marketing for the full distance event.

Sluiper there is at least 5 other 70.3 events as well. (Midlands x 2 / Buffels / Trirock / Prestige Ultra)

Its amazing how their FOMO marketing strategy works. If 3500 athletes all enter in May already then the R6m investment will earn some lekker interest.

Wonder how long it will be before they start doing the same marketing for the full distance event.

Sluiper there is at least 5 other 70.3 events as well. (Midlands x 2 / Buffels / Trirock / Prestige Ultra)

I don't think they're trying to create the hype, just letting people know the reality of how many entries are left. Reality is that if they didn't let me know 500 entries were available and I missed out, I'd be more pissed than having to part with R2000 now.

They already did exactly the same thing with the full distance last year.

Sure, I realise there are other events. I was referring more to another Ironman branded 70.3 event. No offence to the other guys hosting events, but Ironman events in SA do seem to be the standard that everyone else is striving for.

5150 maybe? then the GP's don't have to travel so far.

It's in East London - the whole of SA has to travel far to get there. ;-)

I don't think they're trying to create the hype, just letting people know the reality of how many entries are left. Reality is that if they didn't let me know 500 entries were available and I missed out, I'd be more pissed than having to part with R2000 now.

They already did exactly the same thing with the full distance last year.

Well they did in with the full and it was sold out for the first time ever.

If you miss out then surely you can only blame only yourself.

I am not criticising. It's a business and they are doing the marketing smartly so good for them.

i will be giving 2015 70.3 a miss in east london as my finances is not going to accomodate that and march in pe and the new tt bike.

I got flamed for saying that on their other race.

Are we going to see you on the start line next year She-been?

I have entered 70.3. Have some unfinished business at this race.

Don't think I will have finances for PE. Also I have come to realise that my holiday is not really a holiday when doing IM every year. I am more tired coming back to work. Hopefully the 70.3 will in general be more relaxing....

Just spoke to my friend at the race office. Said its true - less than 500 entries.

Said they sold over 300 in the last 2 days and doesn't think there will be availability after this weekend