sluiper

I keep my wife company on her training rides, but the rides are getting longer and longer, 4.5 to 5 hours.. Not sure how much longer I will last...

Don't know how you guys/girls keep motivated...

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have done it for years, this is the first year where I just cannot seem to get going. Hopefully if you just keep chipping away at it, the results will come and the fun should return.

Good luck to you all.

I needed a break, owe it to my body and wife...Not planning anything in tri format for next year.

Have done 5 x Transbaviaans + 4 x full IMSA seasons in a row and just feel like I need the rest. Doesn't help that I constantly battle with injuries and knee/hip issues and am not a runner.

Good luck to all, keep up the motivation and training and vasbyt!

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone needs a swimmer for their team for 70.3 2015, please pm me. Know someone that had to pull out of individual entry, but is still willing to swim for a team

Edited by Oxter

I change my training scenery to keep motivation up.rather than doing the phillidelphia or Stellenbosch routes I did a 130 km cycle out to riebeeck kasteel and back.going down to mosselbay for a week after jailbreak and looking forward to swimming at santos beach.to each his own but try to vary training routes and you just might be surprised

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies, I don't wish to hijack the thread - I'm not going to make the event next year so the accommodation I've booked in Hotel Osner is available.

If you know of anyone, please let me know.

Apologies, I don't wish to hijack the thread - I'm not going to make the event next year so the accommodation I've booked in Hotel Osner is available.

If you know of anyone, please let me know.

Might know someone, dont know if theyve found something already. will let you know as soon as possible

Another hijack - still looking for a lift to the event from Gauteng. If you know of anyone still got space please lemme know.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread has been very quiet this year.

With two weeks to go how has the training gone? Mine has gone very well except for some ITB issues which I hope stays away on race day. I am taking it easy for the next two weeks with some short brick sessions my main focus.

Cant wait! My last event before leaving SA ... hopefully a PB!

good luck, tough cycle course for a PB... unless u saying PB for the event of course.

Wish I could be doing this , but alas

good luck, tough cycle course for a PB... unless u saying PB for the event of course.

Wish I could be doing this , but alas

Always next year. Yes PB for this course

Min dae!!

Nerves are killing me.  Did I train enough? How fast (or rather slow) should I go?

But, looking forward to the day, the vibe and the hopefully the finish line 

I am definitely undertrained, but hopefully this will work in my favour, easier overall pace should hopefully equate to a steadier overall pace... :-) (translated as I hope I don't crash and burn 10kms into the run)

First things first.....  lets hope for a windless moderate day or at the very least a strong Westerly wind that only starts blowing 09h30 when I turn around and head back East  :clap:

First things first.....  lets hope for a windless moderate day or at the very least a strong Westerly wind that only starts blowing 09h30 when I turn around and head back East  :clap:

**you must be in a very early Wave @Garfield  :whistling: