total immersion swimming

reteid

Hi all hubbers.I have decided to take the plunge and work on my swim this winter.I see that Total Immersion swimming has a workshop in my area in about 2 weeks time.Has anyone here have feedback as to whether its worth it.I am a selftaught swimmer who has never been coached in swimming.I can currently swim 3,2 km in about 62 min while swimming well within myself.Any ideas would be appreciated

Very good system for improving body position and minimizing drag, however often see people who having gone through this with an overly slow stroke rate and "overgliding". Like all things I suppose pro's and cons, but certainly does seem to work for a number of people.

improved my swim radically, from being a swim back-marker to a mid-field swimmer...

@Reteid, im in your area.

Do you have the price of the workshop?

31 may and 1 june 1850 randelas

Do the TI course!

Did it a few years back. Well worth the money. Improved my swimming for IM a hel of alot

I bought the book and video worked a treat. If you do the course you can do a-z in a weekend. I swim in the top 25% of any pack. Before TI this was not true.

FWIW, I had never done a swim on 1 Jan this year, and with only 8 coached sessions I managed a 1.9km swim on 8 Feb. No doubt that the coaching was valuable, be it traditional or immersion.

• 5 weeks later...

@Reteid, sometime has passed, how did you find the course, and how have you found your swimming?

@Reteid, sometime has passed, how did you find the course, and how have you found your swimming?

i sent them 2 emails as to how and when and payment.did not get any response.got hold of a few articles and some videos.busy trying it out with trial and error.still early days.just difficult to see what i am doing.

i sent them 2 emails as to how and when and payment.did not get any response.got hold of a few articles and some videos.busy trying it out with trial and error.still early days.just difficult to see what i am doing.

That sucks.

Poor business ethic and management.

How are you supposed to grow, if they cant answer simple queries.

Care to share your youtube links?

Edited by bclark

• 2 weeks later...

A few mates got together with gopros and did side, top and front views .

Helps a lot

Natalie Tissink does swim analysis plus the DVD and feedback for R350 all in. She is a pleasure and super knowledgeable