The Munga MTB Race

MrFine

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would a cyclocross bike work?

Think I read earlier in this thread someone posted that cyclocross bikes not alowed...

Surely the most efficient bike could/should be used?

How will they define "MTB"?

Take a Specialized Stumpjumper HT and put dropper bars and CX wheel set on . . .. its not a CX bike.

If they say NO dropper bars . . . . take that NINER Gravel grinder and put a raiser bar on it.. . . sorted.

Why have in issue with someone on a CX bike if nobody will object against someone on a downhill bike or a fat bike?

Edited by IH8MUD

Not so sure about CX bikes, Alex Harris clearly stated bring a MTB.

MTB is a very wide category. I'm sure I can argue that a CX bike is a subtype of MTB!

I like that niner gravel grinder... even seems cool to commute and to jump on sidewalks, sidestep taxis, take shortcuts across parks, etc.

not sure exactly how the focussed google advertising algorithms work, but I see MUNGA everywhere on my browser....that ain't cheap.

MTB is a very wide category. I'm sure I can argue that a CX bike is a subtype of MTB!

I like that niner gravel grinder... even seems cool to commute and to jump on sidewalks, sidestep taxis, take shortcuts across parks, etc.

I cant imagine that it would be any fun to ride the Munga on a CX bike, but I guess with the prize money of $1 Million very few people will have "fun" in mind when they make their gear/bike selections.

The Minister of Home Affairs has given her tentative permission (rather surprisingly).

I was afraid of that, so now we need to find someone to pay the entry fee and we're golden

IF you have the budget for the MUNGA

Make the CX bike comfortable.

Then take that Niner Gravel grinder or simmilar

Fit the light Rockshox RS-1 and a comfy flat or raiser bar and light carbon CX wheelset. :thumbup:

As far as I know in UCI regs the only specifications for MTB races is that no traditional road bars or tri bars may be used.

The Minister of Home Affairs has given her tentative permission (rather surprisingly).

Fantastic, I consider that a victory for all of us. Precedent setting to say the least