HUBBERS LETS HELP CARPET

DIPSLICK

As a landrover owner let me tell you that none of those jokes apply anymore.

HOWEVER one new landrover joke is true.

It goes like this.....

"depreciation"

Move along.

I sold a Defender TD5 for R140k a few years back. I saw it on Autotrader the other day going for R160. Don't know why I sold it, that thing was beautiful.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They say you should never wear your cycling cleats while driving an Alfa, its not the driving that the problem, it's the stepping in the oil pool that appears below one when immediately after it stops, that is.

eish, being a very proud Alfa Romeo owner, I can certainly say that it is like dating a super model - very lekker for your mates to check out, but moerse expensive to keep happy - my baby is an oldie, the 156 GTA, and apart from donating a kidney, left arm and spleen when the cambelt service is due, she runs like a demon.... As Jeremy Clarkson said "you cant call yourself a true petrol head unless you have owned an Alfa"

eish, being a very proud Alfa Romeo owner, I can certainly say that it is like dating a super model - very lekker for your mates to check out, but moerse expensive to keep happy - my baby is an oldie, the 156 GTA, and apart from donating a kidney, left arm and spleen when the cambelt service is due, she runs like a demon.... As Jeremy Clarkson said "you cant call yourself a true petrol head unless you have owned an Alfa"

My first car was romeo....what a love hate relationship I had with it.

My first car was romeo....what a love hate relationship I had with it.

ja hey Rouxtjie, I have certainly gone through the love hate relationship episode, which Alfa did you have?

As Jeremy Clarkson said "you cant call yourself a true petrol head unless you have owned an Alfa"

And I saw a diesel one the other day, I mean, who buys a diesel Afla. That's like kissing your sister, or running knobblies on a road bike... just not right.

Guest Karma

And I saw a diesel one the other day, I mean, who buys a diesel Afla. That's like kissing your sister, or running knobblies on a road bike... just not right.

You should be a motor journalist because you clearly know your stuff.

ja hey Rouxtjie, I have certainly gone through the love hate relationship episode, which Alfa did you have?

a red 1985 alfa romeo giulietta...wonder where that donkey is now. Still smoking no doubt hahahahha

My standard line at the fuel station was fill her up and add a pint...the petrol joggie would ask me, "shouldn't I check first sir"....to which I replied..."you are right, make it two pints"

Edited by rouxtjie

Hey all, How far are we with the fund raiser for Carpet?

I really do not wanna go back and read through 26 pages to see if it was done.

I'm happy to help out a bit if we are not there yet.

Thanks.

agreed, like owning a Ferrari and then you put a roof bike carrier on it....

a red 1985 alfa romeo giulietta...wonder where that donkey is now. Still smoking no doubt hahahahha

My standard line at the fuel station was fill her up and add a pint...the petrol joggie would ask me, "shouldn't I check first sir"....to which I replied..."you are right, make it two pints"

sheezas boet that is so funny - yet true. That Giulietta was a head turner when it first came out.

sheezas boet that is so funny - yet true. That Giulietta was a head turner when it first came out.

Back then, when I asked my parents if me and my wife could get engaged, he replied with the following words, "My seun koop eerder 'n tweedehandse Alfa, jy gaan ewe veel stront he"

Only problem with my ALFA GTV my bike do not fit in it.

Roofrack is the way to go. ;)

Edited by BennieGerber

....aaaaaahh, you sly and cajoling masters......already planting the seeds for naming CARPET's new bike.......talking about cars on a thread dedicated to cycling.......but I shall not be caught out by your sublime subconscious manipulation.......I shall also contribute......

ALFA = First

ROMEO = Love

VELOCE = Speed

Adrenaline worthy stuff......both in working and non-working condition.....

I was the proud owner of a 1965 guilia sprint gt, went like the clappers, but broke down more often than not, but man, when it went, it was brilliant!! and it had a oil leak, like any good alfa should!!