Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I sold the 848 Street Fighter a few months ago and got this to replace it...

I like your new bike , make no mistake. However , why is BMW not shaping in the Superbike Series ? It kicked off with such a bang , and just faded from the scene. I think it ended second from last on the manufacturers list ?

Yea it's crazy. If I'm not mistaken they use the engine out of a Dodge Viper. :eek:

Viper has an 8,3 litre V10

Viper has an 8,3 litre V10

Can't remember if this was about the Boss Hoss bikes, if it is there are a few different engine options.

Guest Omega Man

I like your new bike , make no mistake. However , why is BMW not shaping in the Superbike Series ? It kicked off with such a bang , and just faded from the scene. I think it ended second from last on the manufacturers list ?

They effectively pulled their WSBK team and put their factory effort behind Michael Dunlop at the TT. He took all 3 big bike TT's and BMW's first win in something like 50 years at the TT. The bike was supposedly making 225 BHP. GULP!

The BMW team in WSBK was effectively a privateer team run out of Italy.

This year the TAS team will also switch from Suzuki machinery which will see Guy Martin and William Dunlop on BMW's on the roads too.

Edited by Omega Man

With the money you save on fuel and not buying the KTM/BMW do this... 

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k622/skibumbrian/KLR-Xmods003.jpg

Where can one get a dash like this?  I have a BMW, but with the F650GS you need a 2nd mortgage to replace the instrument panel

Where can one get a dash like this?  I have a BMW, but with the F650GS you need a 2nd mortgage to replace the instrument panel

The guy had it made, it is plastic so template made up i guess and cut out. 

Oh its a trailtech vapor

Edited by the nerd

Jip, know that one.

This is what I was referring to.

There are lots of these kinds of bikes running around the USA.The engineering involved is quite incredible and they are all mostly hand built, even if they are so called name brands like "Boss Hoss".

At my local Harley dealer they had one for sale a few months back and I took a few shots of it on the showroom floor, I forget the price now but it was well into the $45.000.00 range, someone snapped it up within a month, there is an incredibly high demand because if you order one you could look at a lead time of about 8-12 months, so any that come into the market are quickly grabbed up.

post-16119-0-53006400-1420483411_thumb.jpg

post-16119-0-11914700-1420484027_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy