Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Well I suppose at least it wasn't his personal bike, BMW will have to write that one off to marketing.

Is there a video of it?

Not as far as I know. Wouldn't mind seeing it if there is...

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Are they available locally?

Nope - it's a 1 off..... but it sure is pretty.... and I pretty easy to mostly duplicate by the right builder.

I don't really like the exchaust pipes on the side. Can we somehow modify that the Akrapovic to be below the Seat of the Duke. It would look much cooler.

There are ample space.

Sounds like a good mod if you can change the exhaust position. Personally I'm happy with a shorty but would prefer it to be a bIt louder

Very mooi!

Pic with you doing a wheelie?

[emoji14]

Not on this old lady. She's built for long comfortable rides. I'd probably be left on the face down if I tried.

This dude tho...

post-38258-0-46794900-1475914051_thumb.jpg

Sooooooo.  This was mailed to me this morning.  One of the old guys in our club is clearing out his garage......decisions, decisions......

SRX600.  A grey import.  Old XT600 Tenere engine, brakes and wheels of various models.  A real Yamaha parts-bin exercise.

post-15215-0-46895300-1476170849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andymann

Sooooooo. This was mailed to me this morning. One of the old guys in our club is clearing out his garage......decisions, decisions......

SRX600. A grey import. Old XT600 Tenere engine, brakes and wheels of various models. A real Yamaha parts-bin exercise.

I know the Cafe Racer style is all the rage right now, but I have always liked the look. This would build a super little Cafe Racer, after all, it is just the right size. Sort the handling and have a great little bike for Historic Motorcycle race meets.

Edited, mmmmm, maybe it is not old enough for those meets!

Edited by Spokey

Dunno - I googled a few pics and it really doesn't lend itself well to a classic café-racer look.  I think its kind of what they thought a 90's café racer would have evolved into.

Anyway, i'm still thinking - I'd have to let one of my DT's go if I do get it - I really just don't have the space in the garage for another bike.

Sooooooo. This was mailed to me this morning. One of the old guys in our club is clearing out his garage......decisions, decisions......

SRX600. A grey import. Old XT600 Tenere engine, brakes and wheels of various models. A real Yamaha parts-bin exercise.

That would be a great base to build something like this:

b7ecf122c5437cfac0e217461d40e951.jpg

570f7af28088c54b51d4f98bf0f6c885.jpg

How much does he want for it...?

I have a running BSA 250FS (Think its a '68 from all the research i have done), not the most desirable in the range, but its still a classic'ish.

You don't happen to have any jets for Mikumi carbs hanging around? I have 140-150 and 250, its too rich on the 250 and I think it may be too lean on the 150, probably needs something closer to the 180-200 mark. I've considered drilling the 140, not sure if that's a good idea though.

That is a seriously cool bike!

Sooooooo.  This was mailed to me this morning.  One of the old guys in our club is clearing out his garage......decisions, decisions......

SRX600.  A grey import.  Old XT600 Tenere engine, brakes and wheels of various models.  A real Yamaha parts-bin exercise.

I saw an SR500 done up like an. American Flat tracker the other day. Looked AMAZING. Plus the whole cafe racer thing is a bit too skinny latte, man bun and plaid shirts brigade for me.