Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

So the V let me down... 

Stator is fried, replaced the battery, replaced the rectifier and still no dice... 

stator going off the Dark Electrical to be remade  :thumbdown:

I will tell you something, traffic sucks! 

The difference 11 days can make.....

Went back to see what the "V" was you referred to, and see on the 17th it was still perfect.

That's motorcycling for you.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, after 35+ years off the motorbike, I finally bought one to commute. My 8 km drive through Sandton now takes a minimumm of 40 minute in the car. Twice a day...

I pulled the trigger on a 2012 Honda NC700X with less than 30k on the clock.

Writing my learner's on Monday, then hoping to add some useful time to my day.

So, after 35+ years off the motorbike, I finally bought one to commute. My 8 km drive through Sandton now takes a minimumm of 40 minute in the car. Twice a day...

I pulled the trigger on a 2012 Honda NC700X with less than 30k on the clock.

Writing my learner's on Monday, then hoping to add some useful time to my day.

Congrats, great commuter bike you have now......

Norton have gone into admin.

Thats sad

Great bikes with a great history

Funny enough yesterday on the freeway I overtook a bakkie with a bright red Norton Commando on the back

This will be great for him. Testing on a largely clear track with less danger of the argie bargie that was hindering in him in races last season. (understable crash and injury nerves)

I have never been a big fan of him but his metronomic consistancy is a pleasure to watch, very smooth.

Interesting too the signing of Quartararo to join Viñales at the factory Yam team next year. I think this will be a good combo!

Anyone going to any of these Bike Festivals around the country?

Jeffrey’s Bay 28 Feb to 1 March. Nice line up of bands on the Saturday. I am thinking to take a day ride from Hoekwil.....just shy of 500km round trip.

Saw this on some FB page. Appeals to me if kept simple, a KLR for the modern age. However I am stil waiting to test the Teneré 700 when it finally arrives.

So far my choices for a next Dual sport are, Teneré 700, Africa Twin (2017/18) or later model KTM 990, no particular order!.post-52292-0-21463200-1580896503_thumb.jpeg

Saw this on some FB page. Appeals to me if kept simple, a KLR for the modern age. However I am stil waiting to test the Teneré 700 when it finally arrives.

So far my choices for a next Dual sport are, Teneré 700, Africa Twin (2017/18) or later model KTM 990, no particular order!.attachicon.gif5AA125B2-B952-4A07-BC17-BD8F00DF53E0.jpeg

That rendering looks great.

Saw a KLR over the weekend very briefly over the weekend.

Guy was kitted in full offroad gear.

The bike looked like all the KLR plastics were off with KTM Enduro type plastics on.

The little I saw made me really want one........

So far my choices for a next Dual sport are, Teneré 700, Africa Twin (2017/18) or later model KTM 990, no particular order!.

To whet your appetite https://rustsports.com/2019-yamaha-tenere-700/

Enjoyed that, thanks. I ended up looking at the Africa Twin too. I think the AT is better suited to my needs with a view to comfort on long day rides, thinking 600kms plus. The T700 has been a dream and I have seen them in Europe, lovely bike but I need to try it out first. I wonder too what the price will be.

A 2017 or 2018 AT ( L model and non DCT) offers a lot of bike for the money. The new one is very expensive and for me, far too fussy with all the buttons and modes.

Perhaps a second hand Tenerè 700 in a few more years to join the stable.

post-52292-0-09105800-1581059484_thumb.jpegpost-52292-0-27151900-1581059495_thumb.jpeg

I was at the 10th Anniversary Party of Kuwaiti Riders club yesterday evening, an open event just outside our apartment. This sand dragster looks a lot of fun. I could not find anyone who could give me gen in English though.

Edit, body work off for the display, errrr, obvious I guess!

Edited by Spokey