Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

The flesh is strong but the spirit is weak..... woe is me. 

Pulled the trigger on a Roadster... you only live once and now I get to live it as a bad ass hombre on a slow bad ass looking iron horse and pretend its captain America. Wear the clothing and be part of the 1 percenter gang where we show off our tats, pretend we on the sons of anarchy set and how talk how bad we are before going to our jobs on a Monday. 

I know I know. 

As to the trumpet and RF ...for now they stay but getting pressure to release one of em. Let's see if all 3 can fit in the shed. 

Congrats, and Pitchas or it never happened!!!!

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The flesh is strong but the spirit is weak..... woe is me.

Pulled the trigger on a Roadster... you only live once and now I get to live it as a bad ass hombre on a slow bad ass looking iron horse and pretend its captain America. Wear the clothing and be part of the 1 percenter gang where we show off our tats, pretend we on the sons of anarchy set and how talk how bad we are before going to our jobs on a Monday.

I know I know.

As to the trumpet and RF ...for now they stay but getting pressure to release one of em. Let's see if all 3 can fit in the shed.

Congrats, and wishing you many safe travels :thumbs:

Started my BMW F800 ST for the first time in 5 years. New battery , checked all fluids , drained fuel tank and half-filled with fresh petrol . Spinned the motor a few times . Tried Quick Start. No dice. Consulted Eng. Google . Cleaned fuel injectors . Motor starts on first swing. Fortunately it was yesterday and not Friday, 13th. Happy days . ( My wife not so happy , for some reason ).

Started my BMW F800 ST for the first time in 5 years. New battery , checked all fluids , drained fuel tank and half-filled with fresh petrol . Spinned the motor a few times . Tried Quick Start. No dice. Consulted Eng. Google . Cleaned fuel injectors . Motor starts on first swing. Fortunately it was yesterday and not Friday, 13th. Happy days . ( My wife not so happy , for some reason ).

Pics or it never happened :fencelook:

Akropovic will sell you a new sleeve to refurbish the pipe, maybe look into that.

Did the previous owner disclose this to you? I recall you only buying it a week or 2 ago......

Hi Stephen, I had ordered a Remus can already as I did not like that little pipe. I believe strongly that the appie in the shop damaged the crappy carbon can by wacking the decibel killer in with a hammer........anyways, everyone learns a lesson hey, the shop gave me a whopping discount on the new Remus, am a happy camper.

Need to replace the wife IMHO

There was an old joke about this.  Not allowed to reboot Ver 1.0 anymore to get an improved Ver 1.1 and going a full upgrade to Ver 2.0 can be very expensive and traumatic.Obtaining a pirate copy of Ver 2.0 can also be very risky, or so I'm told.

Rather go for some patches like "starting it to see if it can be sold" or "trying it for a friend" but these only have a limited operational life.

So I spent the weekend following the DJ Rally and by default both Brad and Darryn Binder.  What brilliant guys - really approachable and so down to earth.  I never got any vibe that they felt they were anything more than just two brothers who apart from being able to ride modern bikes really really quickly, were just riding old bikes with their Dad. In fact Darryn won the trophy for the youngest rider ( A trophy I won in '90, 91, 92 and 93) so I went over to chat to him and when I introduced myself he said, wow - you're the guy who has won this so many times - and proceeded to ask me how old I was when I started, what bike I ride - he was genuinely interested.

One thing I did notice which was very impressive is that as he was walking back with the Trophy, the lid fell off - quick as a flash, and I mean really quick, he reached out and grabbed it about 50cm from the floor.  His hand-eye co-ordination and reaction time is incredible.

I met Brad last week in CT and came away with the same impression. 

I think Darren is for sure skillful enough to win many races but is perhaps a tad impetuous. And unlucky. I success comes his way too.

So I spent the weekend following the DJ Rally and by default both Brad and Darryn Binder.  What brilliant guys - really approachable and so down to earth.  I never got any vibe that they felt they were anything more than just two brothers who apart from being able to ride modern bikes really really quickly, were just riding old bikes with their Dad. In fact Darryn won the trophy for the youngest rider ( A trophy I won in '90, 91, 92 and 93) so I went over to chat to him and when I introduced myself he said, wow - you're the guy who has won this so many times - and proceeded to ask me how old I was when I started, what bike I ride - he was genuinely interested.

One thing I did notice which was very impressive is that as he was walking back with the Trophy, the lid fell off - quick as a flash, and I mean really quick, he reached out and grabbed it about 50cm from the floor.  His hand-eye co-ordination and reaction time is incredible.

He also had a lot of pent up energy I would say, so that quick move was the outlet :whistling:

Its unlike any other bike i have ever ridden before. It is engaging though and it is fun and i guess thats what it is about. An one rides slowly past the shop windows to get a glimpse of just how bad ass one actually is. Also a lot more compact than you would think a harley to be.

post-58227-0-82388200-1584358662_thumb.jpg

post-58227-0-73501700-1584358669_thumb.jpg

Edited by IceCreamMan

Its unlike any other bike i have ever ridden before. It is engaging though and it is fun and i guess thats what it is about. An one rides slowly past the shop windows to get a glimpse of just how bad ass one actually is. Also a lot more compact than you would think a harley to be.

That’s a real beauty :thumbs:

BTW... Isn’t this the same post you put up when you got the Triumph.... Hahahahahahaaaa just kidding Bud...

So, which Triumph was it that you had? I’m sure it’s a great bike vs a great lifestyle - Enjoy :fistpump:

I really should be getting away from this thread... but all live sport has been cancelled or postponed, have had enough of CORONAVIRUS, just changed cars, camping is on hold due to CoronaVirus rules and lockdown... so here I am... :fencelook:

Edited by RoddieJ