Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Have taken delivery of this about 2 weeks ago. Very happy. Always wanted one and this came up. Awesome bike to ride.

There is something very cathartic about an open road and a bike like this which makes me ride like a hooligan.

please please loose that top box

Yep i am not a fan of them as well but when it come to practicality bs looks they win every time. Having to lug a helmet around inside or put your belongings in a backpack when using the bike day to day is always a ball ache.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Factory Road, Salt River. I was on my way to Buco and stopped when I saw all the Vespas! Didn't make it to Buco...

How over badly priced are they selling for?

So finally I can add to this thread.

I little R1200GS crossed my path lastweek and I pulled the trigger on it.post-19039-0-95179200-1594722881_thumb.jpeg

Main purpose of the bike is to travel a bit with the missus and to do weekend tour a month. But with that being said on a lovely sunny day I will most likely end up riding to work etc as well.

As a first trip, starting from Jhb, what would you recommend? I was thinking Dullstroom but this morning a friend started talking about a trip he did to Parys. 

I little R1200GS crossed my path lastweek and I pulled the trigger on it.attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 10.03.09.jpeg

Main purpose of the bike is to travel a bit with the missus and to do weekend tour a month. But with that being said on a lovely sunny day I will most likely end up riding to work etc as well.

As a first trip, starting from Jhb, what would you recommend? I was thinking Dullstroom but this morning a friend started talking about a trip he did to Parys. 

Enjoy.

Decide what type of riding you will be doing. Then decide if the tires on the bike are suitable for your application. By the way! Congrats and enjoy!! There is some great off the road routes to Dullstroom and Parys.

Decide what type of riding you will be doing. Then decide if the tires on the bike are suitable for your application. By the way! Congrats and enjoy!! There is some great off the road routes to Dullstroom and Parys.

Is there a best of both worlds tyre or not really?

To start off well most likely be road bound until both of us are more comfortable on the bike. Realistically I have not been on a proper bike since about 2013. So a long time out the saddle. 

Is there a best of both worlds tyre or not really?

To start off well most likely be road bound until both of us are more comfortable on the bike. Realistically I have not been on a proper bike since about 2013. So a long time out the saddle. 

There is quite a few dual sport options available. Anakee wild. Metzler Karoo 3 etc. 

I little R1200GS crossed my path lastweek and I pulled the trigger on it.attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2020-07-14 at 10.03.09.jpeg

To Dullstroom is boring. From Dullstroom is excellent. Over Long Tom to Sabie and then around to Hazyview etc etc.

How over badly priced are they selling for?

Px200 was R35 000, I couldn't get a price for the 150 sprints which is my preference (in the absence of the 180 super sport).

I paid R35k a year agofor my low mileage 2007 bmw dakar for comparison.

There is quite a few dual sport options available. Anakee wild. Metzler Karoo 3 etc. 

My mate's GS 1250 came shod with Anakee Adventures which he says are fantastic. They are 80 - 20 tyres and were highly rated by a couple of tests I've seen.

Px200 was R35 000, I couldn't get a price for the 150 sprints which is my preference (in the absence of the 180 super sport).

I paid R35k a year agofor my low mileage 2007 bmw dakar for comparison.

I think the orange PX200 is Leo's actually.

He does great work, if he says it good it is probably an understatement.

He did a nut and bolt restoration on a RGV250VJ23, you could eat off of that bike!!!!

The looks might not be for everyone (with the wings) but you can't help but enjoy the review. The guys are just so excited about the bike