Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

There is quite a few dual sport options available. Anakee wild. Metzler Karoo 3 etc. 

Plus 1 on the Karoo 3s.

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate's GS 1250 came shod with Anakee Adventures which he says are fantastic. They are 80 - 20 tyres and were highly rated by a couple of tests I've seen.

Anakee adventures are highly recommended by me. I have some on my Katoom 1190S. I still have the Anakee Wilds which are really really good and will be back on the bike in about another 1000kms. They only have 500 k,s on. Reason for the Adventures was a couple of long tar trips, mainly Hoekwil to Josie and back. Those tyres are awesome, excellent on wet tar and dry dirt. I use them happily on the wide Karoo dirt roads. However scary in the mud!!

I ride two up happily in dry dirt.

However the Wilds will go back on as they are brilliant, even on tar.......but no longevity. The rear is wearing quickly, I think I will be lucky to get 3000 kms out of it. The Katoom shreds it if you are heavy handed on the tar.

Man, I still have my KLR.......maybe the Katoom will Get more Anakee Adventures after all!!

Should probably put these in the classifieds but I'll get more exposure here...

Touratech Aluminium Panniers for sale if anyone is interested. (They are already on Wilddogs and Gumtree)

No major dents or structural damage, cracks etc. The black marks are scuff (abrasion) marks from carrying stuff in them while touring. They are symmetrical boxes.

Asking R3000 (No frames, just the boxes as shown) 

PM me if interested

post-17843-0-37397300-1594977539_thumb.jpg

post-17843-0-65318700-1594977548_thumb.jpg

post-17843-0-36140500-1594977556_thumb.jpg

post-17843-0-59233300-1594977567_thumb.jpg

post-17843-0-32382000-1594977577_thumb.jpg

post-17843-0-45677400-1594977584_thumb.jpg

Now, i know there some of us on here that been around for a while. Some may remember the old bike hospital that was this dingy multi floor establishment crowded with bike parts with ole erik running the ship. one if his cohorts was a gent called Errol.

Sadly Errol passed away.

Edited by IceCreamMan

Wow, some good work there by our Brad, hope he can keep it up tomorrow.

Going to be interesting with the reduced time gap between races. No chance to recover from even small injuries. Although the races are full length it is a full on sprint season.

Now, i know there some of us on here that been around for a while. Some may remember the old bike hospital that was this dingy multi floor establishment crowded with bike parts with ole erik running the ship. one if his cohorts was a gent called Errol.

Sadly Errol passed away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-2AzlkSB-I

Sad to read that. I remember him. I have spent many hours there looking for bits and pieces for my various old bikes over the years. Still have a welded up sump for my CB400F, was replaced with a shiny new one from David Silver when my career finally allowed me to shop online from the UK!

My mate's GS 1250 came shod with Anakee Adventures which he says are fantastic. They are 80 - 20 tyres and were highly rated by a couple of tests I've seen.

I have only read good things about them. The bike currently has an Anakee on the front but something else on the back, both tyres are old tho so will be getting a new set on Monday morning.

Picked her up this afternoon, and after a short 120km home (in a straight line it's about 20km), I did found out that she actually came with many extra's. All the small protection items already installed, just need a top box and then I'm sorted. 

I have only read good things about them. The bike currently has an Anakee on the front but something else on the back, both tyres are old tho so will be getting a new set on Monday morning.

Picked her up this afternoon, and after a short 120km home (in a straight line it's about 20km), I did found out that she actually came with many extra's. All the small protection items already installed, just need a top box and then I'm sorted.

15 years on Adventure bikes. And hands down for me, Anakee as my first, second and third options. Disclaimer that I was 90/10 Road/Dirt for most of the time.

Nice.... really enjoying my harley, its a completely different paradigm to my years of riding....

Always been a dream to own one. I am totally addicted to the torque of the motor.